The Student Room Group

Has anyone re taken gear 12 before

If anyone has re taken year 12, I have a few questions
Reply 1
Don't retake it.
Keep going, you have a few months until September where you can Year 1 under your belt.
Revise it and do past paper questions on it.
When Year 2 comes about, put your head down and continue with that hard work and come out with the grades you want.

(Grill people for revision tips and advice.)
Reply 2
Original post by -Quava-
Don't retake it.
Keep going, you have a few months until September where you can Year 1 under your belt.
Revise it and do past paper questions on it.
When Year 2 comes about, put your head down and continue with that hard work and come out with the grades you want.

(Grill people for revision tips and advice.)

I’m taking a level physics chemistry and philosophy but I’m getting E’s in physics but need much better grades, I don’t understand anything atm and am so worried about exams next year, I feel like doing the head again will help me understand topics more.
Why don’t you think I should ?
depends, im now finsihing my 3rd year, repeated yr12, it was a ball ache seeing everyone leave and hated most of it. but my grades now compared to 1st year have turned right around.

literally depends how committed you wanna be
Reply 4
I think universities are really harsh on people who havnt done Alevels in 3 years so I'm worried it might disadvantage your application unless you have serious health issues.
get a text book, read it, make notes/ revision cards, learn the book of by heart and then go on Physics and Math Tutor and do questions every time you've revised a topic
Do the same for chemistry
Ask your subject teachers for revision tips and stick to them
Get your reiviosn done before the end of summer and perhaps consider getting a Tutor and maybe look ahead in to Year 2 while your at it
It's just hard work- that's all it will take to get your grades

Original post by Delilah23
I’m taking a level physics chemistry and philosophy but I’m getting E’s in physics but need much better grades, I don’t understand anything atm and am so worried about exams next year, I feel like doing the head again will help me understand topics more.
Reply 5
Original post by dirtypotent
depends, im now finsihing my 3rd year, repeated yr12, it was a ball ache seeing everyone leave and hated most of it. but my grades now compared to 1st year have turned right around.

literally depends how committed you wanna be

I know that if I re take the year my grades will improve dramatically, I’m just worried about being in a class with all new people.
My physics class at the moment is 6 people but Iv been told that there’s 22 year 11’a wanting to do it next year and I don’t think I’ll work well in a class that big ( I need that 1 on 1 attention tbh)
I just don’t knkw what to do
yeah i get you the first years okay cos youll still have your year there and you can settle with the year below too.

then again, revising all of the year again will come back to you considering youve already done it, tbh i do wish i stuck at it but my head of sixth form said i was a more 'BTEC' inclined student... (considering i had DUUE) and the only reason i could retake was becuase of my maths teacher so i didnt have much of an option but to retake or leave.

cant wait to slap the ginger prick about if i get some good grades lol
I know that if I re take the year my grades will improve dramatically, I’m just worried about being in a class with all new people.
My physics class at the moment is 6 people but Iv been told that there’s 22 year 11’a wanting to do it next year and I don’t think I’ll work well in a class that big ( I need that 1 on 1 attention tbh)
I just don’t knkw what to do
Drop it?
Reply 8
yeah i get you the first years okay cos youll still have your year there and you can settle with the year below too.

then again, revising all of the year again will come back to you considering youve already done it, tbh i do wish i stuck at it but my head of sixth form said i was a more 'BTEC' inclined student... (considering i had DUUE) and the only reason i could retake was becuase of my maths teacher so i didnt have much of an option but to retake or leave.

cant wait to slap the ginger prick about if i get some good grades lol

I don’t think my teachers will let me retake ifnim honest, my physics teacher will say your be fine Dw like your get good grades but I’m so worried I won’t, I don’t know how to speak to him about it
you do tend to get *****y grades year 1 tho, dont worry abotu it and use summer to revise it

wouldnt want anyone to go through the pain thinking about it
I don’t think my teachers will let me retake ifnim honest, my physics teacher will say your be fine Dw like your get good grades but I’m so worried I won’t, I don’t know how to speak to him about it
I retook and it was the best decision I could have made. It hasn't impacted my uni offers (I got all 5) because I didn't sit any AS exams to I don't have any second attempt grades.
I won't lie watching year 13 prom and my friends all leaving really sucked but for me, it would have sucked more if I didn't get to do what I wanted in the future.. After about a month everyone forgot I was a year above as there are always new students at the start of 6th form.
I know others are telling you to keep going but not everyone is in the same position and if I didn't retake I wouldn't be going to uni so do what you feel is best for you.
Reply 11
you do tend to get *****y grades year 1 tho, dont worry abotu it and use summer to revise it

wouldnt want anyone to go through the pain thinking about it

Everyone in my class is getting A’s and I’m getting E’s, I’m just not keeping up with my class.
Do you think I should talk to my teacher ?!
yeah 100%, talk to everyone you can get teachers advice, best possible cos they know the msot about u
Everyone in my class is getting A’s and I’m getting E’s, I’m just not keeping up with my class.
Do you think I should talk to my teacher ?!

Quick Reply

Latest