TSR is actually scaring me... exam-wise Watch

Baby_Mama
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Everyday I come on TSR to look at the unofficial schemes and I think its safe to say most of my answers do not correlate with everyone on here's answers. Judging from here alone literally scares me into thinking the grade boundaries would be over the roof. Most people here think every exam we done so far was so easy while I come out of some exams thinking I done good until I come on here.
My question is how many people actually do the exam compared to the population of yr11s on TSR? Is every yr11 on TSR hella smart and don't actually represent everyone else taking the exam?
SchmuckOff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
People LIE they over exaggerate to make themselves feel overconfident. You're fine.
(Original post by Baby_Mama)
Everyday I come on TSR to look at the unofficial schemes and I think its safe to say most of my answers do not correlate with everyone on here's answers. Judging from here alone literally scares me into thinking the grade boundaries would be over the roof. Most people here think every exam we done so far was so easy while I come out of some exams thinking I done good until I come on here.
My question is how many people actually do the exam compared to the population of yr11s on TSR? Is every yr11 on TSR hella smart and don't actually represent everyone else taking the exam?
username4680906
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That's exactly what i thought so i was complaining about it and i was avoiding the markschemes but tbh only like 10% of the entire nation's year 11 (that was an assumption, don't kill me ) are on tsr.
PepeTheFroggi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I came out of GCSE maths paper 1 stressing out cause i knew i did **** on that paper, but everyone around me was saying it was easy and all. So no not all of us think its really easy.
RussianQuestion
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I find it appalling how much TSR pushes unofficial mark schemes and exam discussion threads (today on TSR, notifications...). The site is preying on the anxiety and worry of students to drive website traffic. People end up often only feeling MUCH worse about themselves after checking these threads, but any indication of how well they're doing is too tempting to ignore.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have taken a lot of exams in my life (as a junior doctor) and my policy is never to look back on the exams I have done.

Here are the advantages and disadvantages of "reviewing your exams".

The advantage:
(1) Knowing you have got the question right but they are unofficial! Who's to say others are right too?! It could be everyone you know has the wrong answer

The disadvantages:
(1) It takes up your time, which could be better spent revising for your next subject
(2) If you are wrong, it makes you scared and affect your revision for other subjects
(3) If you are right, potentially it can make you complacent and affect your revision for other subjects

So my advice is - leave it, what's done is done and keep your revision for other subjects going!!! :dumbells:

Remember: It doesn't matter about other people, just try your best and wait for the results. Other people could have lied / remembered the questions wrong.

:goodluck:
Last edited by ecolier; 4 months ago
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The TSR average is always higher than the national average. Don't worry about it.
forgotten_one
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
TSR doesn't represent the whole population. You're fine.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
bringing this thread back, hopefully it eases some minds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads