Got caught in the exam with a phone

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
iicameronr
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
During my maths exam today one of my friends accidentally forgot to put there phone into the box, the phone was turned off and was kept in her pocket the whole time. An invigilator saw the phone in her pocket 15 minutes towards the end and my friend didn’t even realise it was in her pocket. She then handed the phone over straight away with no resistance and she had to stop the exam. They kept her at the front for the remaining of the exam and told her they are going to contact the exam board and investigate the situation.

Does anyone know what will happen to her about the situation and if she will just be let off, get a U just in maths or will all of her grades be discredited and she will fail everything ?
PepeTheFroggi
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by iicameronr)
During my maths exam today one of my friends accidentally forgot to put there phone into the box, the phone was turned off and was kept in her pocket the whole time. An invigilator saw the phone in her pocket 15 minutes towards the end and my friend didn’t even realise it was in her pocket. She then handed the phone over straight away with no resistance and she had to stop the exam. They kept her at the front for the remaining of the exam and told her they are going to contact the exam board and investigate the situation.

Does anyone know what will happen to her about the situation and if she will just be let off, get a U just in maths or will all of her grades be discredited and she will fail everything ?
I was told by my invigilators that if caught with a phone on your person the exam board would be contacted and you'll be disqualified from the test and the other exams from that exam board. :/
She didn't put up any resistance so maybe it won't be that harsh?
iicameronr
Rep:
Yeh hopefully ,because I know she has revised really hard for these exams, but do you think it could help that her phone was also completely off ?
porschette34
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
at my school something similar happened they let the girll of her phone rang during the exam,it was in her pocket. which is much worse than your friend however it depends on the exam board if it was AQA they are definitely a lot harsher.
Incognito0812
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
She's gone
They usually give you zero and they will disqualify her from all her exams
Btw is that really your friend or are you talking about yourself
Last edited by Incognito0812; 3 years ago
iicameronr
Rep:
[QUOTE=porschette34;83744336]at my school something similar happened they let the girll of her phone rang during the exam,it was in her pocket. which is much worse than your friend however it depends on the exam board if it was AQA they are definitely a lot harsher.[/QUOTE
(Original post by porschette34)
at my school something similar happened they let the girll of her phone rang during the exam,it was in her pocket. which is much worse than your friend however it depends on the exam board if it was AQA they are definitely a lot harsher.
The exam board for our maths is edexcel but the rest of the exams are AQA
iicameronr
Rep:
(Original post by Incognito0812)
She's gone
They usually give you zero and they will disqualify her from all her exams
Btw is that really your friend or are you talking about yourself
No, it’s actually about my friend I wouldn’t even know what to do with myself it that happened to me haha
Incognito0812
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
doesn't matter if the phone is on or off you still get disqualified
iicameronr
Rep:
(Original post by Incognito0812)
doesn't matter if the phone is on or off you still get disqualified
Yikes so she’s disqualified from all exams ?
Jackio007
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No she'll only be disqualified from the exam board that were responsible for that paper. I.e. Edexcel.
sara.ads
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Even though her phone was off, they may see it as she had used it and then turned it off during the exam.
(Original post by iicameronr)

TheSchoolNark
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What was the outcome eventually?
X
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads