Hows everybody feeling for the component 2 exam? (Eduqas)

Watch this thread
jbrdodd
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m feeling fairly confident but not too as confident with magazines, but hopefully by thursday I’ll be okay.
moomoodj1
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I've honestly been so focused on component 1 and my other exams that I've barely revised for component 2. Luckily, after tomorrow, component 2 is my last exam so I have all weekend and most of next week to cram everything.
I'm probably most confident with online media currently but I really don't know because I honestly have no idea what kind of questions will even come up as we ran out of time to cover both exams in lessons.
(Original post by jbrdodd)
I’m feeling fairly confident but not too as confident with magazines, but hopefully by thursday I’ll be okay.
jbrdodd
Rep:
(Original post by moomoodj1)
I've honestly been so focused on component 1 and my other exams that I've barely revised for component 2. Luckily, after tomorrow, component 2 is my last exam so I have all weekend and most of next week to cram everything.
I'm probably most confident with online media currently but I really don't know because I honestly have no idea what kind of questions will even come up as we ran out of time to cover both exams in lessons.
Literally the same with me essentially. I’m really hoping that theres an industry question on life on mars with the bbc, as its the main thing I’m confident on.

There seems too much to remember with magazines though, we’re doing woman and adbusters; and we never really went through it with it being at the start of the course so i’m literally just gonna have to cram it all from now
moomoodj1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Industry for Life on Mars would be brilliant. Thinking back, I definitely remember a lot of that topic. There really is a lot for magazines. We are doing The Big Issue and Vogue and we had so few lessons left that one half of the class took Big Issue and the other took Vogue, which means I am much, much more confident on Vogue than Big Issue. Online media we only had a few lessons to cover so I have taught myself a lot of that already.
Literally the same with me essentially. I’m really hoping that theres an industry question on life on mars with the bbc, as its the main thing I’m confident on.

There seems too much to remember with magazines though, we’re doing woman and adbusters; and we never really went through it with it being at the start of the course so i’m literally just gonna have to cram it all from now
jbrdodd
Rep:
Industry for Life on Mars would be brilliant. Thinking back, I definitely remember a lot of that topic. There really is a lot for magazines. We are doing The Big Issue and Vogue and we had so few lessons left that one half of the class took Big Issue and the other took Vogue, which means I am much, much more confident on Vogue than Big Issue. Online media we only had a few lessons to cover so I have taught myself a lot of that already.
To be fair, magazines is primarily just representation theory which isn’t as bad as the theories for it are fairly okay to remember. Online media is an okay topic for me seeing as we did it fairly recently, so I should be fine with it especially when i’ve managed to go over it.

How did you find the component 1 exam? I found the unseen fairly good, newspaper looked difficult at first glance but I managed to write alot for it. Vertical intergration and independent film was okay for me. The production of mainstream films was abit dodgey for me, but I’m pretty sure I answered it correctly. Idanielblake was a struggle so I just wrote bullet points&the lnwh were fairly easy with us doing it in class
moomoodj1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I'm mad that the rep questions was newspapers instead of the 'This Girl Can' advert in comparison to WaterAid or music videos perhaps. I think I've done okay but I really don't know. Mainstream film was alright for me, independent was awful. Also, I really wasn't expecting LNWH to come up so that definitely could have gone a lot better. I revised vertical integration a lot because I really struggle to remember the difference between that a horizontal but when it came to writing a definition I completely blanked and couldn't figure out how to describe it properly so I probably only got 1 mark if any.
To be fair, magazines is primarily just representation theory which isn’t as bad as the theories for it are fairly okay to remember. Online media is an okay topic for me seeing as we did it fairly recently, so I should be fine with it especially when i’ve managed to go over it.

How did you find the component 1 exam? I found the unseen fairly good, newspaper looked difficult at first glance but I managed to write alot for it. Vertical intergration and independent film was okay for me. The production of mainstream films was abit dodgey for me, but I’m pretty sure I answered it correctly. Idanielblake was a struggle so I just wrote bullet points&the lnwh were fairly easy with us doing it in class
jbrdodd
Rep:
I'm mad that the rep questions was newspapers instead of the 'This Girl Can' advert in comparison to WaterAid or music videos perhaps. I think I've done okay but I really don't know. Mainstream film was alright for me, independent was awful. Also, I really wasn't expecting LNWH to come up so that definitely could have gone a lot better. I revised vertical integration a lot because I really struggle to remember the difference between that a horizontal but when it came to writing a definition I completely blanked and couldn't figure out how to describe it properly so I probably only got 1 mark if any.
With vertical integration I just tried to mention universal with priority records with them producing the straight outta compton to justify it to hopefully get 2 marks
EveryMoonlight
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Would you mind sharing any Vogue notes you have? We literally never covered magazines in class :/
moomoodj1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
My teacher recently sent me this. I haven't read through it all yet so I'm not sure how useful it is but I hope it helps somehow.
Attached files
EveryMoonlight
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much! Do you have a similar one for Big Issue perchance? No worries if not, I know you said it was your weak point
My teacher recently sent me this. I haven't read through it all yet so I'm not sure how useful it is but I hope it helps somehow.
Last edited by EveryMoonlight; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (220)
42.31%
The paper was reasonable (223)
42.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.23%
It was TERRIBLE (29)
5.58%

Watched Threads