Helpmeeee22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can someone please explain about the gcse paper medicine health about the Islamic question!
username4748284
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was how significant Islamic medicine and surgery was. I wrote one paragraph about significance at the time about how the Qua-ran, unlike the bible, encouraged scientific research which meant there were better medical treatments. My other paragraph was significance over time. The Islamic population was more literate than Britain so wrote things down which preserved ideas and allowed them to spread and be reused for centuries for example Avicenna and the canon of medicine which was used until 1700s. Lol I looked on twitter and it feels like we were the only school who got taught about Islam, even then we barely did it
b.c1tt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wrote about how Islam promoted medical discovery, I also mentioned that Islamic doctors gave information to British doctors who went on crusades to the middle east which was then used and adapted in Britain.
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
doesn't really matter now since the exam is over? nothing you can do now, best to let it go and continue on with the next ones
lilTrain
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i didnt really know so i talked about ibn al nafis' discovery to do with the heart, cauterisation, and treatment of cateracts
plz tell me they were the right things to write about?
Helpmeeee22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I said they had the same ideas as Galen but I’m probably wrong the 16 markers were an absolute dream!
(Original post by lilTrain)
i didnt really know so i talked about ibn al nafis' discovery to do with the heart, cauterisation, and treatment of cateracts
plz tell me they were the right things to write about?
lilTrain
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Helpmeeee22)
I said they had the same ideas as Galen but I’m probably wrong the 16 markers were an absolute dream!
innit because its always the same thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
31.99%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (37)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.75%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.72%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.01%

Watched Threads