sixth form study tips Watch

princessxo10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
how should I go about my revision as im starting sixth from in September and thinking or taking history, English language and English literature, EPQ and if I can't take both English ill do philosophy and ethics
studytheblurb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
DO 4 HOURS OF WORK A DAY!!!!! at least. I can’t even stress that enough. I didn’t and I regretted it once my AS Level exams came around. Revising everyday gradually will mean you get much higher grades in the end. Also revise consistently following a timetable. Also make revision cards and glossaries for all of your subjects from the first lesson, I didn’t and I fell very behind in what resources I had to revise from. And use all of your free periods to finish your homework, don’t leave it till last minute. A levels are made for organised students
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
princessxo10
Rep:
?
thank you this is very useful advise, do you have any specific ways as to how you revise?

(Original post by studytheblurb)
DO 4 HOURS OF WORK A DAY!!!!! at least. I can’t even stress that enough. I didn’t and I regretted it once my AS Level exams came around. Revising everyday gradually will mean you get much higher grades in the end. Also revise consistently following a timetable. Also make revision cards and glossaries for all of your subjects from the first lesson, I didn’t and I fell very behind in what resources I had to revise from. And use all of your free periods to finish your homework, don’t leave it till last minute. A levels are made for organised students
studytheblurb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by princessxo10)
thank you this is very useful advise, do you have any specific ways as to how you revise?

I mainly create mindmaps for each topic, as it’s writing out clear summarised notes but also it helps you to remember the information visually.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
princessxo10
Rep:
?
what do you study in sixth form?
(Original post by studytheblurb)
I mainly create mindmaps for each topic, as it’s writing out clear summarised notes but also it helps you to remember the information visually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%