Bad alevel predicted grades Watch

Gurdeepthelegend
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m a yr 12 student and I got my predicted grades back today. I got bio-b, chem-c, maths-d.
I’ve always wanted to do optometry. With these predicted grades would I stand a chance at getting an offer from any university? If so which one?

In my GCSEs I got 2 8s, 4 7s, 5 6s
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
studytheblurb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly whatever you got in ur GCSEs doesn’t really count towards your a level grades, it is mostly to do with the amount of work you are doing towards that subject and ur exam technique. Ur grades are good ( the B and C ) but you aren’t happy with them. But you are only in year 12 and still have one more year to go and you can improve your grades as you still have the time, you just need to change the way you revise and I’m sure u will get the grades u want
Gurdeepthelegend
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by studytheblurb)
Honestly whatever you got in ur GCSEs doesn’t really count towards your a level grades, it is mostly to do with the amount of work you are doing towards that subject and ur exam technique. Ur grades are good ( the B and C ) but you aren’t happy with them. But you are only in year 12 and still have one more year to go and you can improve your grades as you still have the time, you just need to change the way you revise and I’m sure u will get the grades u want
But I’m scared that I won’t get any offers from unis
twostepsforward
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Number 1 - email unis to ask if they require predicted grades to be the same as their entry requirements. The answer is probably yes.

Number 2 - negotiate with your teaches (ie beg).

Number 3 - screw em all. Just crack on, get the best grades you can, and apply with real a level results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.98%
The paper was reasonable (1104)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.98%
It was TERRIBLE (293)
12.38%

Watched Threads