The Student Room Group

OCR A-LEVEL RELIGIOUS STUDIES - ETHICS - 11TH JUNE predictions?

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find it?
I struggled with the wording of the meta-ethics a little, but managed to get quite a good response in the end.
Stupid. Hated it, can’t beleive they repeated the same 3 topics again! :frown: I hate conscience and business ethics, and I was hoping that either one of them wouldn’t come up again, but they did! So I was forced to write an awful essay on Freud, which I essentially made up the majority of it! So angry
how did everyone find the exam???
Reply 43
Can’t believe they asked all the A2 topics😭😭
Reply 44
What did people write for the essay on conscience?
Para 1- talked about Freud and how convicting as highlights how our human psyche have powerful instinctive desires and spoke about the Oedipus complex.

Para 2- I countered the Oedipus complex with Karl Popper, then I used Aquinas and say how it’s better

Para 3- spoke about Freud being convincing again by talking about external authorities and also Erich Fromm to support

Para 4- conscience is a voice from God- not derived from any experience of external authorities and used Augustine
Original post by dx31
Reply 46
I need to do so well in DCT to make up for the tragedy of that paper😓😓😓
I did the sexual ethics one which I think was really good ( hopefully)
So annoyed that they used THE EXACT WORDING from the specimen paper for the business ethics one, I think I did OK In that not my best
The meta ethics one was absolute shambles I did terribly on that
For conscience is this okay ->
I started with Aquinas
Then went to Freud Id ego and super ego
Then another paragraph on Aquinas invincible error
Then Freud idea that personality if formed by 5 as well as the libido
Then critic Freud with Fromm

For every para I linked it back to Freud saying how his approach was better, but then at the end of each one I said Newman ultimately gave the best account and gave reasons for this.

Does this sound okay? Did I talk about freud enough do you think?
Original post by dx31
Reply 49
For the conscience essay I wrote about how the superego instils guilt but I said that it reprimands and controls the ego? Is this okay to say?
Let's be honest this is an RS exam not a psychology one. The question wasn't so much 'evaluate Freud's views' rather 'discuss views on the conscience', that's what all RS questions are like. I did a short paragraph on Freud and said it was based on his 'widely discredited psychosexual understanding of human nature' then went on to talk about Aquinas and Augustine in detail, with a little bit of Fromm at the end.
Hi is it okay if you could dm me this structure im currently in year 13 and i am doing the 2019 paper for mocks but i geniunly don't know how to strucure my paragraphs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending