The Student Room Group

Where is the example P.S on wiki?

Yo yo guys,

Just looked for example PS on wiki on TSR, but can't find it. I thought there was one :s-smilie:

Before I get shot down, I HAVE got a PS and I am updating it. Just looking at other for ideas of relevant things in my work experience I could add in.

Any ideas? Is there also somewhere I can send mine to get checked by someone vet related?

Tar
Grace
x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
GRACIECHOPS!!
Yo yo guys,

Just looked for example PS on wiki on TSR, but can't find it. I thought there was one :s-smilie:

Before I get shot down, I HAVE got a PS and I am updating it. Just looking at other for ideas of relevant things in my work experience I could add in.

Any ideas? Is there also somewhere I can send mine to get checked by someone vet related?

Tar
Grace
x

Post it in here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134

:smile:
Whatever you do, don't send it to the people advertised at Vetsim, they said pretty much nothing was wrong with it (when there was quite a lot wrong!), and that cost a lot of money. There is a forum on here where you can post it privately to PS moderating people, also get it checked by vets you know and does anyone at your school check them??
Reply 3
Yeh I did that vetsim thing and it wasnt worth it. They did give a couple of good points but the rest sounded very generic

graciechops, if you can afford to wait till next thursday Id be happy to take a look for you, sorry I can sooner but we have exams till then
Reply 4
tiny_tiger
Yeh I did that vetsim thing and it wasnt worth it. They did give a couple of good points but the rest sounded very generic

graciechops, if you can afford to wait till next thursday Id be happy to take a look for you, sorry I can sooner but we have exams till then

Yeah, I might be able to send it you then to look through. I have tonnes of things to add!
Reply 5
Does anyone have an example of a successful PS that they could send me? cos i need to start writing mine soon and am really bad at doing things like this
Reply 6
Fraid mine isnt on my laptop, only the PC at home :s sorry
Reply 7
i can send you mine if you want annaconda - will pm you
Reply 8
thank you soo much
you must live quite near me, cos i volunteered for 6 months at deen city farm!
Reply 9
I can send you mine as well. If want to send it to me Graciechops, then I'm happy to look over it, but not until after tues as that's when my exams end. If you post it in the PS help forum I'll be able to see it.
thank you two22, that would be great
did you get any offers except cambridge?
I've done quite a fair chunck on mine, and will be doing more this term at school. I know this should really be posted in the ps section, but as a vet how much emphasis should I placeon my DofE gold and CCF, so far I've mentionted them improving my leadership/teamwork/time managment skills.

Other than that I've been talking about what I've gained from my AS subjects and work experiece (work exp being my largest chunk. And then I've done a bit on my interest in taking science beyond the curriculum.

To be honest the hardest bit of the whole thing is the opening sentence!
My D of E gold and the extra curricular stuff got a small paragraph at the end, but it was all tied in properly and integrated into a veterinary situation to show how i was suited to the task (ie; i talked about commitment and dedication, motivating and teaching others to exceed in challenging circumstances, team work, communication, etc, it wasn't simply a brief and unrelated mention of my interests).

Otherwise pretty much everything else was work exp, what i'd seen, what i'd learnt, what i could do, what skills i'd gained/had, my interest, etc. Very little IB mention as again, is it really worth mentioning how i love biology and chemistry, it's pretty generic and pretty much everyone says it (just like everyone says that they've wanted to be a vet since they were a foetus or when Cuddles the Chihuahua was ill) you've got to talk yourself up and stand out, not sound like the muppet masses.
Reply 13
Annaconda
thank you two22, that would be great
did you get any offers except cambridge?

Yeah, I also got offers from Bristol and Edinburgh and an offer of an interview at Glasgow which I turned down.
Reply 14
two22
Yeah, I also got offers from Bristol and Edinburgh and an offer of an interview at Glasgow which I turned down.

can I look at your too?
Thank you both loads, they helped soooo unbelievably much.
+rep when i can
Reply 16
no probs - btw i probably do live near you im kinda in between new malden and wimbledon. you?
do you mind if i have a look at them as well? please :smile:
Reply 18
yeh sure will pm you
Wow, you lot are organised (or maybe I'm just not!)! I hadn't even started thinking about my PS this time last year. Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending