Pros and Cons of Laser Eye Surgery Watch

('('-('_')-')')
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Can anyone knowledgeable inform everyone of the adv. and disadv. of laser eye surgery
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've met many people who done laser eye surgery, mostly Lasik.
Most of them are very happy and even call it the best decision they've ever made. However, some suffer from minor (or not so minor) side effects.
Mostly the side effects are bright light sensitivity, dry eyes, flashes, glare sensitivity, abnormal astigmatism, problems with seeing up close and more...
Some go back to glasses within the first 5 years after the surgery, other are completely fine until their 40's-50's when they need reading glasses.

As someone who has bad eyesight I dream of being able to see well without any assistance (glasses/contacts), however, all the side effects and the dishonesty of some doctors who are taking the risk to operate for money, despite the risk for side effects for some patients and the system backing them up I don't want to risk... This is my personal opinion. Many of my friends and acquaintances done it.
('('-('_')-')')
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thanks that is very useful, are there any other opinions or facts...
(Original post by Kathy89)
I've met many people who done laser eye surgery, mostly Lasik.
Most of them are very happy and even call it the best decision they've ever made. However, some suffer from minor (or not so minor) side effects.
Mostly the side effects are bright light sensitivity, dry eyes, flashes, glare sensitivity, abnormal astigmatism, problems with seeing up close and more...
Some go back to glasses within the first 5 years after the surgery, other are completely fine until their 40's-50's when they need reading glasses.

As someone who has bad eyesight I dream of being able to see well without any assistance (glasses/contacts), however, all the side effects and the dishonesty of some doctors who are taking the risk to operate for money, despite the risk for side effects for some patients and the system backing them up I don't want to risk... This is my personal opinion. Many of my friends and acquaintances done it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads