NEA design and technology

Watch this thread
joanne_abraham12
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, I’m kinda stuck on what to do for my upcoming NEA. The three contextual challenges for design and technology are up: working towards a sustainable future, providing a safe home and a high profile activity or occasion. I’ve completely lost and have no idea on which one to choose. I would sincerely appreciate any ideas or advice anyone could give me, so I could perhaps have a foundation on what to build on
Last edited by joanne_abraham12; 2 years ago
Squirmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Is this for GCSE?
joanne_abraham12
Rep:
Yes
(Original post by mazenod)
Is this for GCSE?
Squirmz
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Okay, so I wouldn’t jump into design ideas just yet. You should be doing a page on Research and addressing the issues raised. Look at what problems you might associate with those contexts - for the sustainable future one, think environment, materials and something that helps people minimise their effect on the environment. This could be something to reduce electricity usage, or water usage .etc. For the safe home one, look around and see what hazards there may be - burning hazards, sharp edges. (These are the two i’d consider). You might want to write a little list of problems to address, and then look at which problems you feel would be easier to address (although don’t say on your presentation that you chose it because it is easy). You will need to record all of this on the first page of your NEA presentation, where you should talk about the contexts, choose one and include some initial research along with some other things you might feel necessary to include
joanne_abraham12
Rep:
Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it. I’ll have to finalize which contextual challenge I would be working on, but I found your advice extremely helpful. Thank you!
(Original post by mazenod)
Okay, so I wouldn’t jump into design ideas just yet. You should be doing a page on Research and addressing the issues raised. Look at what problems you might associate with those contexts - for the sustainable future one, think environment, materials and something that helps people minimise their effect on the environment. This could be something to reduce electricity usage, or water usage .etc. For the safe home one, look around and see what hazards there may be - burning hazards, sharp edges. (These are the two i’d consider). You might want to write a little list of problems to address, and then look at which problems you feel would be easier to address (although don’t say on your presentation that you chose it because it is easy). You will need to record all of this on the first page of your NEA presentation, where you should talk about the contexts, choose one and include some initial research along with some other things you might feel necessary to include
Squirmz
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Welcome, good luck!
benjamessmith
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Same, I’m stuck :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (34)
14.98%
The paper was reasonable (117)
51.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (55)
24.23%
It was TERRIBLE (21)
9.25%

Watched Threads