AQA A Level Law 7162 Paper 1 (4th June 2019) Unofficial Mark Scheme

Watch
BHus371
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, I'm quite new to actually posting on TSR so apologies if I seem weird lol. Anyway, did the first paper this morning and came and saw NO unofficial mark scheme or discussion of it at all.

Anyway here are some of the things that came up today and if anyone wants to, feel free to add more (sorry, TSR put this up on the wrong forum first)

Bilal

What came up:

Q1-5: Multiple choices but cannot remember them as I did them just before the exam ended. I think they were on statutory interpretation, recklessness, lay magistrates, mens rea (correct me if I'm wrong)

Q6: The purposive approach in statutory interpretation (left this one blank)

Q7: Transferred malice and why D would be found to have the mens rea of an offence (don't know why it wasn't why the D cannot be found guilty of an offence as in the previous specimens and papers I've done)

Q8: Capacity defence of insanity (could not use as D did not take insulin for several days so seems to be automatism instead as it was external, not internal)

Q9: Fault and strict liability (was so amazed this came up!)

Q10: Gail - Murder, loss of control as a partial defence; Ian - S20/S18 OAPA 1861 (said it was S18 because of the busy road and this formed an intention to cause serious harm)

Q11: Daryl - Robbery and necessity defence of duress (defence is not available as it was self-induced since he joined a gang that was known to steal from local stores); Fran - Theft (wasn't too sure about this one as it was the issue of whether not keeping an expensive mobile phone model that she never asked for is theft); ELS - Legal aid (was quite alright if you know about Citizens Advice Bureaux and free one hour consultations from solicitors and also pro-bono).
DallasJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you wish to speak about the exam to others maybe try posting it to here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5897932
Millie246
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have a look at the case Hennessy. From what I gathered, not taking your insulin is an internal cause (taking the insulin would’ve been external and therefore automatism), so insanity could succeed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (29)
43.94%
Take autumn exams (23)
34.85%
Look for a job (1)
1.52%
Consider an apprenticeship (2)
3.03%
Take a year out (8)
12.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.55%

Watched Threads