my_man_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Not sure if I was meant to put this in GCSE, but I am asking A Level students. In my school, I did English Literature, English Language, Maths, Combined Science, History, Spanish, Business, and ICT. I believe that is 9 as Combined Science is worth 2 and I have two grades for it.

However, whenever I read offer threads and what not, people are always mentioning 10-13 GCSEs they have done, is that the usual as I mostly did the new GCSEs which are meant to be harder.

I want to apply for Oxford Law, but I fear I may be disadvantaged with 9 GCSEs, achieving 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, A*, 7, A, 6 (Maths) . I am taking three A Levels, Government and Politics, History, and English Literature with predicted grades of A* A A
Last edited by my_man_123; 9 months ago
K.I.M
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hi for GCSE i did french, history, combined science, english language, english lit, drama, maths, resistance materials

alevels whic im doing is history, photography, media, english lit

personally i don't think thas an disadvanage i would go for it, u don't know unless u try
elor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did 9 GCSEs: English Lit, English Language, Maths, Combined Science (x2), Computer Science, Religious Studies, French and Music.

You got good grades at GCSE and great predictions for A level so I think they'd look more at how well you did rather than how many you did. You are predicted to get the entry requirements of AAA so I don't see why not. Obviously Oxford is a popular uni choice and so is Law but what's the worst that could happen?
Last edited by elor; 9 months ago
Francesca22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did 10 GCSEs - English lit, English language, maths, textiles, drama, geography, French, RE, single science, additional science

I think it is very possible that you might get in to Oxford, you have great GCSEs grades and A-level predicted grades, I wouldn't worry, 9 GCSEs is fine with your grades
For_Good_Luck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
my_man_123 i did 10 but the reason you did 9 must be because you did double science but i believe that doing 9 is not a disadvantage as your grades look good and if you achieve really good grades in A-Levels and do decent amount of out of college activities you should be able to get away with 9 GCSE after all it not about the number of GCSE's is about how well you have done in them and most of the time A-levels are more important as grades than GCSE's so don't worry you'll do great !
(Original post by my_man_123)
Not sure if I was meant to put this in GCSE, but I am asking A Level students. In my school, I did English Literature, English Language, Maths, Combined Science, History, Spanish, Business, and ICT. I believe that is 9 as Combined Science is worth 2 and I have two grades for it.

However, whenever I read offer threads and what not, people are always mentioning 10-13 GCSEs they have done, is that the usual as I mostly did the new GCSEs which are meant to be harder.

I want to apply for Oxford Law, but I fear I may be disadvantaged with 9 GCSEs, achieving 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, A*, 7, A, 6 (Maths) . I am taking three A Levels, Government and Politics, History, and English Literature with predicted grades of A* A A
my_man_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by For_Good_Luck)
my_man_123 i did 10 but the reason you did 9 must be because you did double science but i believe that doing 9 is not a disadvantage as your grades look good and if you achieve really good grades in A-Levels and do decent amount of out of college activities you should be able to get away with 9 GCSE after all it not about the number of GCSE's is about how well you have done in them and most of the time A-levels are more important as grades than GCSE's so don't worry you'll do great !
For some reason in my school, people who did double did 4 chosen GCSEs and those with triple did only three, so everyone balanced out with 9, although I guess further maths means 10 for some. Doing triple did not matter much for me, but I kind of missed out since I got a 9-8 in double science lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads