i dont know if i love my boyfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
ive been with this guy for two and a half months. he honestly is the most perfect human hes kind hes caring he is ALWAYS there for me. he is a year and a half younger than me. we started off as close friends and everyone noticed how well we got along. so we got together

i dont know if its because im used to being treated like sh*t but i dont know if i love him. he does so much for me and helps me out a lot but am i with him because he is convenient for me?

sometimes i think i love this boy so much hes my best friend and my world and other times i think he can be quite immature and i get put off him as i start seeing him as a kid. he has a really skinny frame even tho he is handsome aswell but its hard when your boyfriend has a smaller waist than you. but i shouldnt think this as i love him as a person but sometimes i see him as a little boy.

im 22 and he is 20
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
Yeh nah. Older, taller, stronger - if you want to feel secure in your relationship (assuming a traditional, heterosexual relationship) he should probably be these things.
Anonymous #1
sometimes he can get too emotional about our relationship and i am his first relationship so i feel he can be a bit immature in regards to what a relationship should be
Avogadrocado
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I hate to say it - but dramatic AF guys are the worst - if he's way more emotional than you and you can't see yourself reciprocating them back it off - try in a few years when he's had some more experience and matured a bit (like a fine cheese)
(Original post by Anonymous)
sometimes he can get too emotional about our relationship and i am his first relationship so i feel he can be a bit immature in regards to what a relationship should be
chikane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
ive been with this guy for two and a half months. he honestly is the most perfect human hes kind hes caring he is ALWAYS there for me. he is a year and a half younger than me. we started off as close friends and everyone noticed how well we got along. so we got together

i dont know if its because im used to being treated like sh*t but i dont know if i love him. he does so much for me and helps me out a lot but am i with him because he is convenient for me?

sometimes i think i love this boy so much hes my best friend and my world and other times i think he can be quite immature and i get put off him as i start seeing him as a kid. he has a really skinny frame even tho he is handsome aswell but its hard when your boyfriend has a smaller waist than you. but i shouldnt think this as i love him as a person but sometimes i see him as a little boy.

im 22 and he is 20
To be honest i think you are too young to be with someone that you have doubts about. When you love someone you will know, if you see yourself settling down with him and building a future with him then great if you are not sure then i dont know why you are sticking with him. There is so much time for you to meet the one that will make you happy and you dont seem happy at all. Dont just stick with him because its convenient the longer you lead him on the more messy it will get further down the line. I would get out of this if i were you.
Anonymous #1
Yeh nah. Older, taller, stronger - if you want to feel secure in your relationship (assuming a traditional, heterosexual relationship) he should probably be these things.
the thing is i dont have an issue with his age but he still has a bit of a baby face. he is a good height. however i dont want to lose this amazing person with an amazing heart when he will mature in a couple of years
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Avogadrocado)
I hate to say it - but dramatic AF guys are the worst - if he's way more emotional than you and you can't see yourself reciprocating them back it off - try in a few years when he's had some more experience and matured a bit (like a fine cheese)
i am quite emotional myself so i would say im worse than him and i am affectionate to him more than he is to me but its if we get into a fight he will get too emotional with his words. i really would marry him i do love him i dont want to lose him to someone else
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It's very unlikely you'd be in love with him after only two and a half months. To expect as much would be unrealistic.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chikane)
To be honest i think you are too young to be with someone that you have doubts about. When you love someone you will know, if you see yourself settling down with him and building a future with him then great if you are not sure then i dont know why you are sticking with him. There is so much time for you to meet the one that will make you happy and you dont seem happy at all. Dont just stick with him because its convenient the longer you lead him on the more messy it will get further down the line. I would get out of this if i were you.
i do see myself with him in the future i would happily wake up next to him everyday. he has massive husband potential. he does make me happy its just sometimes me feelings for him fluctuate and i dont know why. he honestly does make me happy. he makes me feel loved and feel like he would go to the ends of the world for me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
It's very unlikely you'd be in love with him after only two and a half months. To expect as much would be unrealistic.
love is a subjective experience that is different to everyone who experiences it. i hate when people come on here who are older and think ha shes only 22 she cant be in love she doesnt know what love is
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

im 22 and he is 20
Think about whether you both make each other happy. Do you think of him as a partner or as a friend? Do you think you are in love with him, rather than just being with him because it is convenient?
chikane
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i do see myself with him in the future i would happily wake up next to him everyday. he has massive husband potential. he does make me happy its just sometimes me feelings for him fluctuate and i dont know why. he honestly does make me happy. he makes me feel loved and feel like he would go to the ends of the world for me.
The thing is if the guy has faults you need to decide whether to accept these or move on. I liked someone who had faults but they had other qualities i liked but my feelings never changed for them because i accepted every part of them.
chikane
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
love is a subjective experience that is different to everyone who experiences it. i hate when people come on here who are older and think ha shes only 22 she cant be in love she doesnt know what love is
If you were 28 i would agree with the post that dating for only 2 months you cant tell if you love him after such a short time you need time to get to know each other and their habits. However you were friends before you dated so surely you would have had loving feelings as friends before being a couple. If i was friends with someone and i had strong feelings for them i would know if i loved them or else i wouldnt have got together with him.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 7 months ago
you can love someone and have them annoy you. you'll probably even fight with this person if you're together long enough.

why do you think he's husband material?

his small frame is never going to change, he's born that way so that's something you'll have to be okay with.
Anonymous #1
If you were 28 i would agree with the post that dating for only 2 months you cant tell if you love him after such a short time you need time to get to know each other and their habits. However you were friends before you dated so surely you would have had loving feelings as friends before being a couple. If i was friends with someone and i had strong feelings for them i would know if i loved them or else i wouldnt have got together with him.
thank you this is really helpfull. i know its only been two months but we work together and we see each other almost everyday, maybe im seeing him too much which is causing me to feel this way. id say i see him 6/7 days a week sometimes 7/7 days a week. i really do have loving feeling from him.
chikane
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
thank you this is really helpfull. i know its only been two months but we work together and we see each other almost everyday, maybe im seeing him too much which is causing me to feel this way. id say i see him 6/7 days a week sometimes 7/7 days a week. i really do have loving feeling from him.
Hmm that sucks as i think having a bit of distance to miss him would help you realise how you really feel. Any holidays booked or going away for a few days or week planned to help clear your head.
No worries glad to help and i dont think the other poster meant any harm, it takes quite a while to know someone whether you love him or not. 2 months isnt enough but you already knew him before as well so its different.
Last edited by chikane; 7 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Joleee)
you can love someone and have them annoy you. you'll probably even fight with this person if you're together long enough.

why do you think he's husband material?

his small frame is never going to change, he's born that way so that's something you'll have to be okay with.
we do fight. sometimes people say were like a married couple lol. he is husband material because he is loyal, smart, caring, funny, we get along well ,we are compatible, he is focused in life and he comes from a similar family style to me
Anonymous #1
Hmm that sucks as i think having a bit of distance to miss him would help you realise how you really feel. Any holidays booked or going away for a few days or week planned to help clear your head.
he is starting gym so he will keep himself busy and my dad is visiting so i wont be able to see him as much. when i have distance from him i miss him so much
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Love after two months. Crikey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (57)
34.97%
I really love the subject (42)
25.77%
I don't know what else to do (21)
12.88%
I can't get a job (12)
7.36%
My parents want me to (4)
2.45%