1d) 14000
1e) 2.265? x 10^4
2) Chromosomes and genes
2b) sugar, base, nucleotide
2c) Double Helix
2d) 3
2e) Medicine (detect genes that cause illness) and ancestry tracing
3) There is optimum conditions for survive with 5mg/dm^3 fertiliser
3b) The conditions meant that less number of Drachea as original was 100 then at 20 was 35 so then the Hydra had less prey so numbers fell
4) Ciliary contract, suspensory loosen, lens pulled thick and light refracted sharper
4b) Can’t refract light quick enough
4c) Convex lenses as refracts light sharper
5) (forgot the order might have missed a question) first thing put that cells were taken to put on dish as identical, then nutrients to grow and survive, hormones to promote growth, sterile to prevent unwanted micro organisms, temperature to allow rapid growth
5b) They reproduce in plant by Mitosis therefore identical and all grown and cultured from same cells as mother plant
6) Pituitary
6b) ADH
6c) Detects conconetrated blood, releases ADH, tubules in kidney more permeable to more water resorbed

Forgot the rest and that’s only my answers might be wrong let me know
Original post by jkd08
Here are some of my answers
- 2.625x10^4
- tangent question: 4

Agreed with all 3 except for the tangents one I got 3.78 which I put down as 3.8. It didn't mention the level of significance needed so 4 is good as well.
Reply 42
Rr and CwCr
Original post by Aycaeren_05
what did you guys say for the genotypes
samee,
what i wrote was:
ciliary muscles contract, suspensory ligaments slacken which causes the lens to become more fat and curved so light rays are more strongly reflected. this increases the amount of light reflected on the lens and on to retina so the image is focused on the retina; hope that makes sense.. i think that would be at least 4 marks but not sure :frown:
Original post by BAnonymous03
I feel as if I failed that test. The 6 Mark question on the eye really messed me over. I put all that I could think of but I don't know if it was enough. What did everyone else put?
Reply 44
Why are you multiplying?
Original post by BrandonS15
No you convert each of the number into m^3. They were given in dm^3 so 5 was one of them in dm^3 to get from 1dm^3 to 1000dm^3 you multiply by 1000. So do that to each of your numbers to get them in m^3. Then you can calculate mean normally since its all in m^3 you add them to 70,000, divide by 5 to get 14,000.
Was w and r all caps or one lower case and one upper
Original post by jkd08
Rr and CwCr
Original post by lolxddd123
Desert water question:
Pituitary gland, negative feedback system. When there is a lower presence of water, the pituitary gland secretes less ADH, causing the walls of the kidney tubules to become less permeable. This reduces the amount of water which moves into the kidneys, reducing the water loss of water from the body.
Cross diagram:
50%
Eyes question:
With a near object, the ciliary muscles contract and the suspensory ligaments relax. This causes the lens to become thicker, and allows light to be refracted more strongly. This allows for the light to be focused on the retina, creating a clear image.
Multiplier diagram:
2.5x-3x
Daphnia question:
other daphnia:
lxwxh = 1.85, multiply that by the sum. answer: 2.625x10^4

When there is a low presence of water isn’t more ADH released?
Reply 47
is the 14,000 for the first question?? wasn’t that supposed to be in standard form? also lmao i got a rly small number
Original post by BrandonS15
Agreed with all 3 except for the tangents one I got 3.78 which I put down as 3.8. It didn't mention the level of significance needed so 4 is good as well.
Original post by JamesBled
its either 17500 or 14000. Wasn't sure wether to include 0 or not. 0.014 is wrong. Meant to multiply by 1000 not divide.

You can’t have 0.014 of a population. That isn’t possible
2.6 times faster rate of reaction
my bad, mixed them up when writing it hahaha
Original post by Maximus 190
I got something like 0.02x10^-2 or something along those lines
Original post by JamesBled
what did you put for oine about daphnia in 1m of water?
Yeah ADH is released when water levels are low. ADH increases the permeability of the kidney tubules so more water is tea sorbet back into the bloodstream.
yeahh
Did everyone multiply the 14,000 or whatever by 1.875 to get the amount in the pond?
*reabsorbed not tea sorbet 😂😂
Original post by Edwardreed02
Yeah ADH is released when water levels are low. ADH increases the permeability of the kidney tubules so more water is tea sorbet back into the bloodstream.
What you reckon the grade boundaries will be this year? Higher or lower?
Original post by Billy855
What about the punnet square

50%
Was definitely 14000 because think about it if theres 14 in 1 dm3 theres gonna be 14000 in 1000 dm3 (1m3) right?
Reply 58
Original post by Tayyeb1322
yeahh

YH
how did you get that? Did you have to work out the tangents on 7hrs and 12hrs?
Original post by Haiderrrrrrr
2.6 times faster rate of reaction

Latest

Trending

Trending