kkai
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How did u find it
Lauryyys
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I found it ok. I think there were way too many experiments but the 6 markers were good
(Original post by kkai)
How did u find it
Abdullaha
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What did u lot get for cardiac output was it 168 times 160 or 160 times 170 ?
Lauryyys
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Abdullaha)
Lauryyys
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Might be a range though
(Original post by Lauryyys)
kkai
Rep:
I did 168 to be precise
(Original post by Abdullaha)
kkai
Rep:
What everyone get for the population estimate question? I got 5000 something
Lauryyys
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Same
(Original post by kkai)
ammxr03
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kkai)

IT was 4.8*10(to the power of 5)
kkai
Rep:
For the candle question, it went out bc there was no oxygen and when they put the plant there it released oxygen through photosynthesis? Idk if that's right
Dxyesil
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah that’s what I put and the oxygen keeps the fire alight
(Original post by kkai)
For the candle question, it went out bc there was no oxygen and when they put the plant there it released oxygen through photosynthesis? Idk if that's right
Lauryyys
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I put that and that the candle doesn't release any more carbon dioxide for the plant to photosynthesise further, hence only stayed alight for another 2 minutes
(Original post by kkai)
Cam3r0n
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kkai)
Yeah that's correct. Well done.
Cam3r0n
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lauryyys)
Yeah I put that and that the candle doesn't release any more carbon dioxide for the plant to photosynthesise further, hence only stayed alight for another 2 minutes
The combustion of the candle does produce carbon dioxide, I think? If it does then it would stop because the combined intake of oxygen for respiration and combustion is at a higher rate than the production of oxygen in photosynthesis.
kate_howard_1
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’ve messed up the heart question! I got everything right except the names of the valves. I said the semi lunar valve when it was meant to be the triscupid if you get me. On both sides.. how many marks will I drop?
Anon1304
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What question was that contraception one
Lauryyys
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I still put the bit about oxygen and photosynthesis so
(Original post by Cam3r0n)
The combustion of the candle does produce carbon dioxide, I think? If it does then it would stop because the combined intake of oxygen for respiration and combustion is at a higher rate than the production of oxygen in photosynthesis.
kate_howard_1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cam3r0n)
Yeah that's correct. Well done.
What did you put for the controls of that experiment? I put size of candle wick and the size of the glass bell thing or whatever it was called
kate_howard_1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kkai)
Yeah like 5100
HE1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kate_howard_1)
I’ve messed up the heart question! I got everything right except the names of the valves. I said the semi lunar valve when it was meant to be the triscupid if you get me. On both sides.. how many marks will I drop?
It depends on what other information you put but if you put all the necessary info you’d probably only lose one mark.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.92%
As I expected (24)
30.77%
Harder (29)
37.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.13%

Watched Threads