UniAdvice125
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,
Does anyone know the difference between the OCR Maths A Level Papers (only 2018 and Set 1-4 Available), and the MEI Papers?
Is the specification different? Sat by different people?
Any help is appreciated, don't wanna be doing papers that aren't relevant for the upcoming exam.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by UniAdvice125)
Hi,
Does anyone know the difference between the OCR Maths A Level Papers (only 2018 and Set 1-4 Available), and the MEI Papers?
Is the specification different? Sat by different people?
Any help is appreciated, don't wanna be doing papers that aren't relevant for the upcoming exam.
They are two different specs so it’s like asking about the difference between Edexcel and AQA. But you should be doing all 2018 papers from every exam board since the content is basically the same across all boards plus it’s hard to find other papers that are close to the difficulty of the new spec. For MEI ignore large data set questions and the comprehension section.
UniAdvice125
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,
Okay thanks for the help.
Ive done all the OCR papers for mechanics. Do you think its better to do the OCR MEI mechanics papers or AQA/Edexcel mechanics papers? Or is there not really any difference.

Thanks
(Original post by Notnek)
They are two different specs so it’s like asking about the difference between Edexcel and AQA. But you should be doing all 2018 papers from every exam board since the content is basically the same across all boards plus it’s hard to find other papers that are close to the difficulty of the new spec. For MEI ignore large data set questions and the comprehension section.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by UniAdvice125)
Hi,
Okay thanks for the help.
Ive done all the OCR papers for mechanics. Do you think its better to do the OCR MEI mechanics papers or AQA/Edexcel mechanics papers? Or is there not really any difference.

Thanks
Do you have time to do all of them?
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by sotor)
all new spec papers are useful, regardless of exam board. they all have to follow the same spec for maths!
True although some boards interpret parts of the prescribed content differently so you have to be a bit careful. E.g. hard statics/ladder problems are not part of the AQA spec.
Rushilh16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
My last 2 exams are maths - so have a fair bit of time. But definitely don't have enough time to complete all the exam board papers lol
(Original post by Notnek)
Do you have time to do all of them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (283)
60.6%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.71%