Jay Tommy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
How did it go? I hope I got the same answers as others as I feel I didn't..

Oh and what was the obsession over 'tits' lmaooo

Literally great tits and the next question was blue tits.. jeez OCR needs to chillout a little bit
Last edited by Jay Tommy; 4 months ago
Jay Tommy
Rep:
?
That 6 mark was terrible..
Hazel Hallwell
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yes what the heck was that 6 marker?! I found it easier then paper 1 surprisingly, however I did literally like 2hrs revision tops, not much at all so am scared ive made a few mistakes argh
Jay Tommy
Rep:
?
I'm probably the only one who found paper 1 easier than paper 2..

I feel like I got like 1 mark out of 3 for the 3 markers and like 2 out of 4 for the 4 markers.

What did you get for the bar chart one, how did you draw it. That's one question I feel I did correctly.
(Original post by Hazel Hallwell)
yes what the heck was that 6 marker?! I found it easier then paper 1 surprisingly, however I did literally like 2hrs revision tops, not much at all so am scared ive made a few mistakes argh
Amir4321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jay Tommy)

I feel like I got like 1 mark out of 3 for the 3 markers and like 2 out of 4 for the 4 markers.

What did you get for the bar chart one, how did you draw it. That's one question I feel I did correctly.
How did it go? I hope I got the same answers as others as I feel I didn't..
That exam was terrible. I literally couldn’t answer any of the questions. Like wtf are these *****y questions. Last years exams were so easy compared to these so I’m confused as their grade boundaries were so low as well. OCR best make the grade boundaries like 50/90 for a 9 idec
mg45
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what did people write for the 6 marker
Jay Tommy
Rep:
?
All I wrote really was that the more copies of the CAG thingybob, the earlier the symptoms of Huntington's disease show so you can be diagnosed early and find out at an early stage. That's pretty much it I just waffled after that. (Completely **** but yk)
(Original post by mg45)
mg45
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
same basics I described what the graph showed like the trend and then i said the gene tests is good cos people can prepare themselves and start treatment early and then i said people whose family have a history of it are more likely to have the same CAG copies and stuff and have the symptoms at similar ages. i said it was useful at the enddd

All I wrote really was that the more copies of the CAG thingybob, the earlier the symptoms of Huntington's disease show so you can be diagnosed early and find out at an early stage. That's pretty much it I just waffled after that. (Completely **** but yk)
machop333
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i wrote about if your parents are over 60 and dont have symptoms, then you definitely don't have it, since it's dominant and turns up before 60 at the latest according to the graph.
Jay Tommy
Rep:
?
Other people said that you can use it to determine life expectancy to prepare for death and also choose whether you want to have kids as this means that offspring may have a chance of getting Huntingtons..
(Original post by mg45)
same basics I described what the graph showed like the trend and then i said the gene tests is good cos people can prepare themselves and start treatment early and then i said people whose family have a history of it are more likely to have the same CAG copies and stuff and have the symptoms at similar ages. i said it was useful at the enddd
mg45
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what did u write for the climate change question w arguements for and against
izzym026
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For the six marker i said
- the graph compares age symptoms appear and repetition of CAG
- this can be used for a guess at about what age symptoms will affect those with disease
- by using this graph you can see a connection between the amount of times CAG is repeated. Therefore, if you find a way to make less repetitions of CAG present then you can increase the life of the patient that is unaffected by the symptoms.
(Original post by mg45)
mg45
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
oh yeh i said that like they might not want to have kids if they know they have the disease
Other people said that you can use it to determine life expectancy to prepare for death and also choose whether you want to have kids as this means that offspring may have a chance of getting Huntingtons..
Hazel Hallwell
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
really? paper 1 I messed up so bad, and Idk how to describe it, type in double bar graph, and look at images, that's what I did, with the bars next to each other

Jay Tommy
Rep:
?
(Original post by mg45)
what did u write for the climate change question w arguements for and against
I just said that for the 'for' part, the trend seemed to decrease since line of best fit was going down therefore climate change is contributing to eggs being laid more towards the beginning of May (idk why). Then for the against part I said that there are fluctuations. Did I get this wrong? (Ik i did)
Jay Tommy
Rep:
?
I did that but the bars were horizontal as I felt it was supposed to be that way as it took up most the space of the grid but I think vertically should b fine
(Original post by Hazel Hallwell)
really? paper 1 I messed up so bad, and Idk how to describe it, type in double bar graph, and look at images, that's what I did, with the bars next to each other
laurennesbittxxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I did my graph in pen and made a mess of it so I had to skip it
Jay Tommy
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurennesbittxxx)
I did my graph in pen and made a mess of it so I had to skip it
4 marks down the drain then eh
hard_crap
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
did people get anything on the climate change question?
CokerCola
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yh i literally said that too and talked about changing seasons as well as a for argument and another against argument that an external factor may be causing variation (e.g. food availability)
I just said that for the 'for' part, the trend seemed to decrease since line of best fit was going down therefore climate change is contributing to eggs being laid more towards the beginning of May (idk why). Then for the against part I said that there are fluctuations. Did I get this wrong? (Ik i did)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (87)
24.37%
No (270)
75.63%

Watched Threads