[UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME] AQA Psychology Paper 2 - 07/06/19 Watch

Poll: How did you find AQA Psychology Paper 2 ?
FANTASTIC! (70)
7.25%
Good (322)
33.37%
meh... :/ (391)
40.52%
TERRIBLE :( (182)
18.86%
haf4321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ERP is similar to EEG except it can be used to filter out extraneous activity and identify the active part of the brain. fMRI only shows the oxygenated area.
(Original post by autiee)
wasn't Q1 in biopsychology fMRI? because it asked specifically about the areas of the brain / structures in response to stimuli?
WannaBe4A*s
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What did everyone write for your to match the pairs?
username3283916
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also i put fMRI for the mpq as it has the best spatial resolution of the three and can study internal brain areas unlike ERP and EEG so is best for identifying an area.
Elliefggj
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WannaBe4A*s)
I put something about no order effects
JackManBrief
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What did people put for how the validity is affected by the researcher knowing which participants are in which group and how to fix this? Was it investigator effects?
studyr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For sign test you had to do condition B minus condition A and the total number of pluses was 3 which is the least frequent so it's the S value
They actually gave a different scenario the second time because this time they stated how the psychology teacher wanted to do the study of happiness with her students and used independent measures design and it was ordinal because its basically from scale of one to ten score your happiness.
But I could be wrong and don't worry about it now! Focus on paper 3
(Original post by hannahtait)
was the sign test not 1 because the data on the table already calculated the difference?
Also why is it ordinal data when the same test tht was used used sign and so it mustve been nominal data?? so losttt
Joeet33
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can I still get marks for the second hypothesis question if I did a directional hypothesis?
studyr
Rep:
?
yeah i said that and to prevent i said change the research or double-blind test but i wasn't sure of that one
(Original post by JackManBrief)
What did people put for how the validity is affected by the researcher knowing which participants are in which group and how to fix this? Was it investigator effects?
Elliefggj
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I put Investigator effects as had no clue then said use a double blind procedure
Charlottlexxoox
Badges: 9
Report 1 week ago
I wrote it increases researcher bias as the researcher influences the experiment....inorder to get the desired findings that he expects to get....
(Original post by studyr)
yeah i said that and to prevent i said change the research or double-blind test but i wasn't sure of that one
Pass&fail
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lmao I put something like match on course studied, so they have similar stress/ workload. Stress can affect happiness levels
Dunno if it’s right but haha
(Original post by Elliefggj)
I put something about no order effects
bluebunnie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
for the neuron multiple choice it should've been relay motor relay because relay is found in the brain and spinal cord as they allow sensory and motor neurons to communicate.

also i put fMRI not ERPs because if u look in the text book fmri strength is that they provide a clear picture of how the brain is localised. whilst ERP's dont they show brain wave activity to specific stimuli
bigdock9696
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WannaBe4A*s)
I put that they'd match them on gender put I'm rlly doubting myself tbh
studyr
Rep:
?
yeh you could say that too ! that works out
(Original post by Charlottlexxoox)
I wrote it increases researcher bias as the researcher influences the experiment....inorder to get the desired findings that he expects to get....
Sunnyyybai
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Krisshears)
Did any other human on this planet put unrelated t test for the stats? It said score on a happiness questionnaire rather than a happiness rating, and as it’s a test score I thought it would be interval considering there are equal intervals? It’s probably wrong but thought I’d put it out there.
Here comes another human!!!
Charlottlexxoox
Report 1 week ago
🤗yay
(Original post by studyr)
yeh you could say that too ! that works out
JackManBrief
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For why a matched pairs design is better than a repeated measures design could you say that participant variables are controlled?
saharasaurus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is fMRI
studyr
Rep:
?
Yeh it makes sense.. i was stuck between two rip to my 1 mark
(Original post by saharasaurus)
It is fMRI
Charlottlexxoox
Report 1 week ago
I wrote that matched pairs is better beacuse it reduces extraneous variables e.g personality which gives more validity ...
For why a matched pairs design is better than a repeated measures design could you say that participant variables are controlled?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads