The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 2 2019 Unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

did the 12 marker have to relate to the happiness topic like the other questions, the question didn't make it clear so I thought we had to make up a topic of anything so I did recall of town names oh dear
That’s what I’m saying. I got 86%
Original post by Cksjfkcmsmd
If the number was very close (4700) to 5000 it is plausible that it’s 86% increase
Original post by humim
SAMEEE!! I dont get how it would be 86 or 90???

it was 86% percentage increase is the new value - original value / original value x100
the numbers were 2500 something and 4688 I think therefore 54% would be reasonable as the the first percentage was roughly half the second
Original post by Omahs
Anyone remember the numbers for the percentage increase question???
It wasn't a correlation question, it specified that it used Independent Groups which is a measure used in experimenting difference I swear?

Original post by Niztheshizzler
ME TOO it was 4 marks so I was like Spearman’s Rho because independent designs, correlations data, ordinal data
Reply 105
a 100% increase of 2500 would be 5000. The answer would, therefore, have to be near 100% because the number was 4688. The answer was 86% I think
Original post by eturnrrrr
the numbers were 2500 something and 4688 I think therefore 54% would be reasonable as the the first percentage was roughly half the second
Reply 106
Yeah I put chi squared too because the teacher repeated the same experiment with the same scale, I was starting to doubt my answer after seeing all of the Mann Whitney responses
Original post by Teenagerer
Yeah that's what I got aswell. It can't be anything else because it's nominal data. It's not ordinal because the researcher calculated the difference between the ratings. So it's no longer a rating, its a nominal score x
Original post by night7
Sameee. Cos in bio we learnt that relay n are in the cns (brain+spinal chord) and also that they connect sensory to motor. So A and A. And then motor to effector so C

I put ACA too
Original post by eturnrrrr

A 54% increase would mean adding half of 2500 to 2500. So that would be 2500 + 1250 which would’ve made the second number around 3750. So the % increase was well over 50% for it to increase to 4688
Original post by agt7
I did relay , motor , relay

Was that ACA? I put that too but didn’t know if we could use the letters more than once
Reply 110
Original post by Izzydemeo
Same :/

is that a bad thing?
Original post by Niztheshizzler
ME TOO it was 4 marks so I was like Spearman’s Rho because independent designs, correlations data, ordinal data

I don’t think it was correlational. The teacher placed students into groups. So the independent variable was groups or not, so there was a test of difference. This combined with independent groups and ordinal data meant it was mannwhitney U
Wait I thought it was chi squared because the data was nominal not ordinal due to the fact it was categorical and named, there was no ranking or anything so how is that ordinal data??
Reply 113
Wasnt the data happiness ranks so ordinal. Love how paper 3 is coming up and us lot still talking bout paper 2😂😂😂
Original post by 12Asdfghjkll
Wait I thought it was chi squared because the data was nominal not ordinal due to the fact it was categorical and named, there was no ranking or anything so how is that ordinal data??
Reply 114
I think this too
Original post by Pprejs20
I got unrealated t test and 86%, the happiness questionnaire generated a score
I understand you COMPLETELY! I got so excited when I saw the Sign test but I was so confused with the data they gave us, I had no CLUE how to find the differences!
Original post by uniwho
I think im the only one confused with that sign test table. Because i know the standard thing for sign test is to minus the two numbers from each other to see if theres an improvement or not ( + or -) but the title of the table labelled the results as ' Improvement scores'. So did they already find the difference for us? Which makes no sense i know but ififefmpdoaosdjasnda. i dont think anyone understands me tbh lol
Original post by _hollylouiseb
ME too!

I did too!
Original post by Sxbxh-00
Approaches

MCQ - Genotype I got A I think I actually don’t remember
MCQ-
Operant conditioning
I did negative and postive reinforcement increase likelihood of behaviour reproduced

Outline unconscious structure - ID - pleasures Ego- reality Superego- morality ( I missed this cause I blanked) but only 2 makes

SLT - mediational processes for tiger advert

Use SLT to see why advertiser used rugs by player and paid him-
symbolic model - identify and imitate and purchase

Percentage - sales score
I got 86.6% rounded to 90% to significant figures

Women scored less sales - how could ad be improved to increase them
Women model in advert included - same sex model - imitate and buy product

Outline and Evaluate Wundts role to psychology as a science
Answer:First to see as science Introspection - emotional and mental states study process strength - useful c hunter(2003) helped used happiness as measure
Limitation - unrealistic - Pavlov and Thorndicke already using scientific method so wundts approach ignored and limited (I’m just helping I don’t know if it’s right.

There was the different neurons in biopsych.
I got the A as relay neuron
B as the sensory neuron
C as motor neuron
I studied the neuron picture in AQA cat book

Give gland and hormone and function of endocrine system - not allowed adrenals gland or adrenaline
I said pituitary - master gland
Secrete hormones to trigger other hormones

The essay was Sam and Kieran - hemispheric lateralisation/or localisation
I said sperry and Gazaniga )1967)
Corpus callosum makes brain work as one supports Sam point
Dog and cat - visual field and findings
Could speak and say dog when presneted to right
Not speak when cat shown to left
Right hemisphere - facial recognition
Left hemisphere speech and language
Findings -

supports Kieran
Ao3 :
Split brain Barely used now
- Andrew - small sample - unrepresentative- lacks validity etc

Limitation -
Not only speak from right side - goes against Kieran and supports Sam
Turk at al (2013) found j.w can speak out of right
So disconfirms their research but Gazznagiga (1981) acknowledged that and understood

wernicke left temporal lobe - understanding language
Other localised areas
Strength - apashia studies
Expressive broca
Receptive Wernixke
What I think I wrote

Research methods -
MCQ - what’s is reliability - consistency
Not used in peer review -See if research needs funding
why does scientific report used reference? Idk so no one steals their data or plagiarism - I literally don’t know

What type of hypothesis for team/independent activity -Answer: non directional as no study like it before - also it’s 2 tailed as the sign test question after the critical value table was only for 2-tailed test

Write an hypothesis for study- make sure state there will be difference between group a and b and it’s all operationalised

Sampling method and limitation - opportunity- unrepresentative bias - lacks ecological validity cannot generalise

Matched pairs design - example of variable matched and how the groups assigned
Answer: Sport ability - should’ve dont age but didn’t cause it eww students and also Couslve been gender
random allocation Specifically 1 info group a first then 1 in group b and till 10 in each group

Concurrent validity - previous research - it measures using that test like that forgot the definition with key themes

Explain why lacks validity as researcher knew who was assigned to which group Researcher bias - own aims plus flaw results etc

Use answer from 25 and explain how this could be clear with to increase internal validity Answer : Double blind design - less bias

Sign test - s value -
Answer: I think I got 3 - I forgot which way difference was

Is there significant difference
Answer - I got N as 8 and CV as 0 on table Therefore no significant as s (3) was larger than critical value of 0 at 5% significance level!

Psychology teacher copy the researcher - 30 students
What test should she use -
Answer - 4 marksMann Whitney Test of difference Design independent so unrelated Data was I think nominal or ordinal - forgot what I put The 12 marker own study for the psychology study

2nd MCQ is B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending