Question about psychology Watch

confruzzled
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have chosen psychology for a levels and i was wondering, do i need to remember everything from my gcse science? like all the topics in chemistry physics and biology?
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
no
kazzykat95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by confruzzled)
I have chosen psychology for a levels and i was wondering, do i need to remember everything from my gcse science? like all the topics in chemistry physics and biology?
Some of the biology stuff is useful to remember (neurons and the brain in general) as there's a whole topic on biopsychology (FYI biopsychology is supposed to be the hardest topic :eek:). You won't need chemistry or physics.
ljtbookgeek17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Imo awful imo science and got 3 6s in science through some hard work but I take Psychology Alevel on the AQA board and there is only a small topic in year 1 about biopsychology that is easy to understand if it's broken down correctly. Even if your teacher isn't the best there is lots of online resources that make it easy.

I believe there is a longer topic in it in year 2 but again its Biopsychology and I think there is many resources out there to help.

Finally, when science is used it focuses on biology. I've yet to use physics or chemistry so dont let be a barrier. if your not confident in science, it will just be a few sections you may have to revise more but I believe that you will be completely fine.
Good luck and if you take it, I'm sure you'll love it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.13%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.22%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.57%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (186)
40.43%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.57%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.09%