Weight loss Watch

posierose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have a friend how I suspect might be starting to develop anorex**ia. She is a healthy weight at the moment but is calorie restricting to about 1000 a day. How long will it be till she shows symptoms and what are they?
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Restricting to 1000 calories a day is seriously unhealthy, as for symptoms(not necessarily of anorexia itself) but irritation, loss of physical strength, lack of energy(fatigue), bleary eyed (the 1000yard stare), lack of concentration, and probably balance issues, like feeling guidy or dizzy.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
- ask her when she’s going to stop dieting- if she doesn’t have a clear goal in mind and is just going to keep going or if she has a really ridiculous unrealistic goal (anything under 110 pounds) that’s a warning sign
- fainting - major warning sign
- look on her social media or instagram- is she following any dangerous sites (not weight loss sites, sites that promote really unhealthy weights and anorexia especially aimed towards the young)

The major thing to look for is if she doesn’t stop dieting once she reaches her goal weight- she’ll never see one weight or one dress size as enough
posierose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks that great advice
(Original post by JaseyB)
Restricting to 1000 calories a day is seriously unhealthy, as for symptoms(not necessarily of anorexia itself) but irritation, loss of physical strength, lack of energy(fatigue), bleary eyed (the 1000yard stare), lack of concentration, and probably balance issues, like feeling guidy or dizzy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1132)
54.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (453)
21.93%
It was TERRIBLE (165)
7.99%

Watched Threads