Cardiff, Bristol or Bath Watch

ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Im currently in Bristol, did a year and now ive applied to change course, I applied internally with bristol but because its taking them so long, I got agitated/bored and applied to cardiff and bath on ucas. I wasn't taking these 2 choices seriously, but I do love a spur of spontaneous in life some times because idk life is short and sometimes risky choices take you to the best places. so im considering it, but not sure what factors to go off from. keeping in mind, my bristol second year house has already been signed months ago, meaning if I move uni to bath or cardiff id be commuting for one yr.

these are some pros/cons I've come up with

cardiff:
my best friend goes here
average to good city
closer to home than bristol
cheap for future year houses
not sure of the cons tbh, though first yr of commuting would be roughly 1 hr each way and thats quite burdensome

bath:
closer commute from bristol
good course and generally good uni with industry - feels like graduates from here are very successful with securing jobs
I dont really like campus unis though
small quiet towns are not my cup of tea

bristol:
absolutely love the city, love the personality, the vibe, the quirkiness
amazing uni, though engineering department could have done better with helping students out - perhaps a reflection on other departments too?
love my flatmates for next yr
despite the transfer is now at the final approval stage from the accepting department, this process has taken MONTHS and a lot of stress for me - my sub conscious has somewhat find this as an excuse to make some irrational choices - move uni.

im not sure if I'll end up following up this choice, but say ive firmed/insurance my cardiff/bath choices on ucas, but then suddenly I decide to stay in bristol again, will I be able to reject those choices even though ive already firmed/insurance them?
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
bristol:
absolutely love the city, love the personality, the vibe, the quirkiness
amazing uni, though engineering department could have done better with helping students out - perhaps a reflection on other departments too?
love my flatmates for next yr
despite the transfer is now at the final approval stage from the accepting department, this process has taken MONTHS and a lot of stress for me - my sub conscious has somewhat find this as an excuse to make some irrational choices - move uni.

im not sure if I'll end up following up this choice, but say ive firmed/insurance my cardiff/bath choices on ucas, but then suddenly I decide to stay in bristol again, will I be able to reject those choices even though ive already firmed/insurance them?
The choice to transfer unis would indeed be irrational given what you have told us. Bath seems to make more sense due to the shorter travelling distance, as Bristol to Cardiff and back would be a nightmare at busy times of day - it could potentially be over an hour with traffic jams. But I understand that you want a Plan B in place in case Bristol don't agree the transfer, (although it sounds like they will if it's in the final stage).

To answer your question, yes you can withdraw from your firm and insurance offer unis at any time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads