How do you feel about your partner going clubbing? Watch

Poll: How do you feel about your partner going clubbing?
I'm okay with it. (35)
62.5%
I'm not okay with it. (21)
37.5%
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've seen umpteen threads on here over the years of people who feel insecure when their partner goes out clubbing. I guess I understand it: clubbing is associated with hooking up. Although arguably if someone is going to cheat they don't need to be in a club environment to do so.

So,
How do you feel about your partner going clubbing?

I'm personally the type that if the person I'm with says they're going out for the night I say "have fun!". If I'm with someone I trust they respect our relationship enough to not do anything stupid behind my back.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mine can go with my full blessing.

If anyone tries to chat her up that's great. It's reaffirmation that I'm with an attractive person.

If she goes out of character and cheats on me that's not brilliant, but it's not the end of the world and not necessarily the end of our relationship. We'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.
I don't expect perfection from her.

I see it as being up to me to keep motivating my partner to want to stay with me. For what I do for her in the bedroom and outside of it. If she ever cheated or wanted to cheat on me, the failure would be at least as much down to me as her.
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup, fine with it, and i'd expect the same trust in return. If you DON'T trust your partner, then trying to limit their opportunities to cheat isn't a solution. Generally it just makes things worse, if you jealously insult and mistrust your partner, they're going to be all the more receptive to meeting someone who doesn't treat them that way.

Who want's to be one of those sadsacks that kicks off and frets for days everytime their partner smiles at a stranger?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I love seals and do not want any harm to come to them, so object to clubbing.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
NOT GOOD:naughty:
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Giving this a wee bump because I stupidly posted it at 6am on a Sunday morning. Might generate a little more discussion at 10pm on a Friday? :lol:
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
'Have a boss night, might bump into ye later'
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends how much of a sket/lightweight she is or how indifferent/corrupt her friends are.
Palmyra
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
If she goes out of character and cheats on me that's not brilliant, but it's not the end of the world and not necessarily the end of our relationship. We'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.
doormat written on ya forehead
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn't mind if my partner went clubbing, I wouldn't be with them in the first place if I didn't trust them.

I will wind them up about the stupid crap they said whilst drunk though.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I enjoy clubbing too.
I wouldn't be concerned unless it was a fetish club or an event like the killing kittens sex parties.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I enjoy clubbing too.
I wouldn't be concerned unless it was a fetish club or an event like the killing kittens sex parties.
For some reason I didn't really take you for someone who'd go clubbing.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
They gave it away when they started talking fetishes and killing tho
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I love carnage uk and london nightlife.
I do think it is a bit mean that most clubs won't allow canine vip's or any toy animals inside.
But they don't seem to appreciate the partying environment or presence of so many humans.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would trust my partner tbh. (I'd want the favour returned obviously. )
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Neither did I, they say you learn something new everyday.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah not me, I wouldnt go either for her sanity. **** happens alcohol hits you. Drake one dance comes on then your ****ed. Too much risk. I don't wanna put myself in that situation. And neither should she.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly unless I get spiked with some form of drug that isn't alcohol I'd black out before I even cheat. :rofl:
(Original post by Anonymous)
Nah not me, I wouldnt go either for her sanity. **** happens alcohol hits you. Drake one dance comes on then your ****ed. Too much risk. I don't wanna put myself in that situation. And neither should she.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Mine can go with my full blessing.

If anyone tries to chat her up that's great. It's reaffirmation that I'm with an attractive person.

I see it as being up to me to keep motivating my partner to want to stay with me. For what I do for her in the bedroom and outside of it. If she ever cheated or wanted to cheat on me, the failure would be at least as much down to me as her.
Boyfriend material
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kkboyk
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't mind, since I trust her fully, and know she'll make sound decisions (she doesn't really drink until she's drunk either). Although, I would be bothered if she's out every week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (358)
56.38%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.65%

Watched Threads