The Student Room Group

Why Does Everyone Seem To Be Born In August??

Is it just me or does everyone seem to born in august?

I mean I'm getting a bit annoyed with all the other august birthdays, everyone seems to have one these days!! All the people I know in my class seem to be born in august (or late July).

It's really annoying because people are always out celebrating "somebody elses" birthday and by the time it gets to yours everyone either forgets yours, or their unavailible for ages because they've got so many other birthdays to celebrate lol.

I hear a lot people claiming to be skint at the end of it.

Such a boring month, meh I feel so common.

Does anyone else find this the case within their "circle of friends" at all?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nope early in the year, spet oct nove dec jan
Why does everybody seem to be born or married in June? it's MY month
Reply 3
... Actually, everyone's normally on holiday during my August 20th birthday! Lol.

You probably just notice the August birthdays more because it's the same month as yours. Either that, or you just do have a large cluster of birthdays then for some bizarre reason.
Reply 4
i think its just because your birthday is around that time that you actually take more notice of other birthdays of that time, for me, being born in january, I seem to here a lot of jan-feb birthdays because I listen out for them in a way.

hope that made the tiniest of sense.
Most of my friends are all year through, except a couple who come close in september near my birthday.

I dont really mind that much anyways.
I wasn't born in august!
I was born in december :biggrin:
Reply 7
My birthday is on the 27th August.. Sorry :p:
Obvious.

Because everyone's parents have sex in December.
well my friends are born in: september, october, january, march, june, a couple on the same day in july.
and i'm born in August! It sucks that noone is ever around on my birthday though. I may have a party at the end of june this year to make sure everybody is around!
Because, everybody's parents got laid on Christmas/New Years and 8/9 months later, you're born. Voila :biggrin:
Reply 11
I heard that september was the most common because of christmas and New Year being 9 months before.
Reply 12
I was born in January and most of my friends have birthdays in June/July. I don't really know a lot of people born in August.

Although in my family, December is a popular month full of birthdays.
Yay!! I feel special; I'm a January baby^^

Edit: damn you person above, you had to burst my bubble :frown:
Reply 14
Because its cold in December.
Reply 15
My birthday is 1st August and that's really late compared to everyone else in my year. I think there are only about four people with birthdays in August in my entire year... It is annoying, because people are usually on holiday, or you've not really spoken to them much over the summer holidays, so you don't get round to inviting them out :s-smilie:
Everyone in my family were born in January... mine's the 11th August.
basically everyone forgets as they think all the birthdays are out of the way by end of Jan and when I was at school it was the holidays so no one ever celebrated it!
I have a twin who forgets my birthday too... little ****e!
Sharpshooter
Is it just me or does everyone seem to born in august?

I mean I'm getting a bit annoyed with all the other august birthdays, everyone seems to have one these days!! All the people I know in my class seem to be born in august (or late July).

It's really annoying because people are always out celebrating "somebody elses" birthday and by the time it gets to yours everyone either forgets yours, or their unavailible for ages because they've got so many other birthdays to celebrate lol.

I hear a lot people claiming to be skint at the end of it.

Such a boring month, meh I feel so common.

Does anyone else find this the case within their "circle of friends" at all?

Mine's on the 19th...sorry. LOL...

August is the least boring month! Why celebrate your birthday during the school term when you get a whole holiday period dedicated to your birthday! (Feel special? :biggrin: )

:rolleyes:

(cheer up :hugs:)
Reply 18
~*~rAiNbOw~*~
Yay!! I feel special; I'm a January baby^^

Yay! January babies are cool!! :cool:
Reply 19
My mum, dad, me and one of my cousins are all born between the 20th and 27th of August.

Quick Reply

Latest