The Student Room Group

Rejecting a job at Sainsbury’s after accepting it already

I accepted a job at Sainsbury’s recently. The pay it fantastic, and the hours are fine, but I just.. I don’t want to do it. I have a lot of issues with anxiety so I am working myself up hugely over this job I have not even began. I also will have to quit/get weekend only hours as of September when I continue sixth form (this barely covers the 12 week probation period.) I have not explained this to anyone as I have this incredible fear of confrontation, whether that’s face to face, phone or text.

I know it’s kinda bad to just.. drop an email saying I don’t want a job I accepted already. I’m just not sure what to do. I haven’t had any training or shifts yet, only been through the stages of interviewing and acceptance. I’m not even sure if I signed a contract, can under 18’s do so?
Reply 1
Call them/send an email saying something like this : Dear Sir/Madam
I recently accepted a job offer as a (cashier?) at Sainsbury’s (then say which one it is eg. Sainsbury’s London) and would like to inform you that I have changed my mind and have decided to reject your job offer.
Thank you for the interest
Yours faithfully
(Name)
- It’s not their business why, so they shouldn’t ask -

Quick Reply