Should I resit 2 of my modules for this year? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I sat 3 modules in the first term this year. On one module there were 3 assessments and my average at the end was a 64%, or a 2:i.
On the other 2 modules, both of which have 2 assessments each, I got one grade in the mid 50s and one in the mid 60s, and my overall grade for each module was a 58% and a 59%. So just short of a 2:i.
I'm in first year right now, I still have another 2 assessments from this term due within the next couple of weeks, and I would have to redo both essays for both modules, so 4 essays, but I could just make some edits to the originals and upload it, and all I'd need is a couple more marks on each one to get my grade up into a 2:i. The deadline for resubmissions is next Friday. As it's first year these grades no longer count in September, all that matters is that they are passes.
I have my pass, and I have other stuff to do this week - I need to begin the move out of halls and still have to finish the 2 assessments due for courses this term, and while I know the first year grade doesn't count come September, it's really annoying that I'm one percent for one and two percent for the other off having all 2:i grades for my first term. Especially since in second term so far I've earned all either first or 2:i grades.
Is it worth the effort to resit?
amihalo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why would you be permitted resits if you have passed? Did you have exceptional circumstances granted?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads