The Student Room Group

BTEC Applied Sciences

Hi, I want to do veterinary sciences at uni but I have a problem with my A level choices. My maths grade is at a C but this is not high enough go onto both Biology and Chemistry, instead I have had to resort to a BTEC. I've looked on the Royal Veterinary College website and it said I could get in with a D*D*D* in BTEC Applied Sciences Extended Diploma. However my school's sixth form only does the Applied Sciences certificate course so I am not sure what to do. Does anyone know if the the certificate will get me into uni or if I will have to look somewhere else. I really want to go to uni but I am worried the lack of an extended diploma won't get me in, please help!
Reply 1
Hi. Unfortunately, you can go to university only with an Extended Diploma (2 years) so maybe you should change your college if you really want to go to university?
You can get in with a diploma too(eqiv to 1 full a level) but you have to take other courses alongside it too.
Original post by Carbonx
Hi. Unfortunately, you can go to university only with an Extended Diploma (2 years) so maybe you should change your college if you really want to go to university?
Reply 3
I am doing applied science that is equivalent to one full a level but I'm doing history and English along with it.

Original post by LUPINRED
You can get in with a diploma too(eqiv to 1 full a level) but you have to take other courses alongside it too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending