Dr Challoner's Grammar School Sixth Form 2019

Watch
somethingcurious
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! I'm in Year 11 at the moment, in the midst of completing GCSE exams. I was wondering: who has been given an offer by Dr Challoner's Grammar School sixth form? Also, are there any students who go/have gone there who could kindly share their experience?
Gajy123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm going there tomorrow for the information day.
(Original post by somethingcurious)
Hello! I'm in Year 11 at the moment, in the midst of completing GCSE exams. I was wondering: who has been given an offer by Dr Challoner's Grammar School sixth form? Also, are there any students who go/have gone there who could kindly share their experience?
psychoprincess
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i go to the girls school (challoners high) and its acc really great, the two schools are closely linked just not on an every day basis. they have really good support systems teachers are all so passionate about their subjects
then again i have been going to the same school for 6 years and not even the one in question so why am i typing this okay bye
Garcia124
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there I hope you or someone can help. I received a letter today from Dr Challoners 6th form, for sep 2020 entry. They said I need to upload my actual gcse grades when I receive them. They weren’t able to offer as I chose Maths A level and my prediction is 6 but needed 7. My point score met the criteria. I’m quite hopeful I’ll get 7 for maths but can someone tell me if they have been in the same boat as me and my likelihood of an offer. Any help will be much appreciated.
hydrateH2O
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
__
Last edited by hydrateH2O; 1 year ago
Garcia124
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hydrateH2O)
I received a letter saying I met the entry requirements but they have applied the oversubscription policy due to 45 applicants meeting the basic requirements. Don’t have a clue what that means. If I want to be considered for round 2 i need 68 points across my best 8 and I can upload my actual grades via a google form which they will post on the school website when our results are released.
Hi

Hydrateh20 ...really 68 points is 9s few 8s! Did they actually specify you need 68points.
lucyw0993
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, I got an offer and I have five 9s and three 8s. You needed 68 minimum in top 8 to be considered.
lucyw0993
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hydrateH2O)
However, the admissions policy, linked below, states before you needed 48 points across your best 8.

Directly quoted from section 4 of policy:

4.1 Sixth Form Entry Criteria
Applications from external students (both boys and girls) should be made by completing an application form
available on the school’s website. Minimum entry requirements (which are the same for both internal and external
applicants) are as follows: Candidates are required to achieve a minimum of 48 points from their best eight taught GCSEs (or equivalent), including at least Grade 5 in English & Maths.

In addition, candidates must meet the entry requirements for each course for which they have applied. These requirements are published each autumn in the Sixth Form prospectus.

Admissions policy:
https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%...96qcwsv07rpg8q
Yes, but they can only accept very few people. They said on open evening they only realistically accept people who get 68 in top 8 as hundreds of people apply and they can only take in 45.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.62%
Excited but a bit nervous (115)
45.63%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.1%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads