The Student Room Group

Tesco Application: How long will it take for a reply?

Hello All,

Just a quick question.

I applied to a Customer Assistant Job on the 21st May 2019, it is now 8th June (applications closed on 3rd June) and i haven’t heard anything at all regarding my application.

I have sent my right of work proof & it went through with no issues. I’ve also never had a job before (unless you count babysitting family kids) so this is a whole entire experience for me (i just turned 17 last week)

Anyway anybody got any idea when i’ll get a reply? It’s been almost 3 weeks now.

Many thanks :smile:
Have you received a job offer and been a successful applicant? Some times they still take ID etc even if you don’t get the job just for in case you do.
Reply 2
it literally still says “Application under review”
i’m a patient person, i just wanted to know if you had any idea how long i usually need to wait to get accepted or declined.
Original post by Jawad!
Have you received a job offer and been a successful applicant? Some times they still take ID etc even if you don’t get the job just for in case you do.
I expect you'll hear something in the next couple of weeks, applications only closed 5 days ago and they'd only work a 5 day week. I think I got an offer for an interview at Tesco 2 weeks after the applications closed. It all depends on who else applied.
Reply 4
okay sounds great! i guess.
hopefully i get a place. i would love to work with tesco as i said. i have NEVER had a job (unless u include babysitting) 😂

but thank you guys. i’ll give them a further 2 weeks then :smile:
Original post by hollie.holmes
I expect you'll hear something in the next couple of weeks, applications only closed 5 days ago and they'd only work a 5 day week. I think I got an offer for an interview at Tesco 2 weeks after the applications closed. It all depends on who else applied.
Chances are, your application will not have been looked at until after the closing date. Given that this was only Monday, it has only technically been 4 working days.

Hopefully you will hear back within a few weeks.
Reply 6
wow. never knew there would be this much waiting for a job. so what happens if it gets to 1 month and still no response? should i still wait further or apply somewhere else?

i’m just really desperate for a job right now.
Original post by Polecat88
Chances are, your application will not have been looked at until after the closing date. Given that this was only Monday, it has only technically been 4 working days.

Hopefully you will hear back within a few weeks.
I'm afraid a few weeks waiting time is standard for most jobs - particularly if a large number of applications are expected - Tesco is a very popular choice for students looking for part time/summer work.

My advice would be to keep applying for jobs - particularly restaurants and cafes as these are the places that will be looking for staff to start quickly to cover the busy summer season, and in most cases you can just walk in with your CV and ask to speak to the manager. Good luck :smile:

Original post by aviatordube
wow. never knew there would be this much waiting for a job. so what happens if it gets to 1 month and still no response? should i still wait further or apply somewhere else?

i’m just really desperate for a job right now.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply