inserting tampon/finger hurts a bit Watch

moveablealt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
for context: i'm 16 years old, a virgin, and i've never used a tampon before. so the last time i tried to use a tampon, it basically just didn't go in, so this time i got some lube and tested it with my finger first. it felt kind of uncomfortable, so i stopped moving my finger until it didn't hurt at all, and then i removed it. when i try a tampon the next time, should i just keep going even if it feels a bit uncomfortable? when the tampon is completely inside does it hurt?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by moveablealt)
for context: i'm 16 years old, a virgin, and i've never used a tampon before. so the last time i tried to use a tampon, it basically just didn't go in, so this time i got some lube and tested it with my finger first. it felt kind of uncomfortable, so i stopped moving my finger until it didn't hurt at all, and then i removed it. when i try a tampon the next time, should i just keep going even if it feels a bit uncomfortable? when the tampon is completely inside does it hurt?
Depends on your anatomy - I found that it did hurt a little bit if it wasn't far enough and was rubbing against my hymen (kind of a sharp pain) but was OK once I pushed it up far enough. I no longer have that problem now that I am nor a virgin. Lube is definitely a good idea for now though, and applicator tampons are also much easier and less uncomfortable than non-applicator ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads