3rd degree Watch

username4809004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I got a third in my degree but I'm only 1.9% off a 2.2. I've read that if you score is within 3% they can up it to the next level. Is this right
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Aayla)
I got a third in my degree but I'm only 1.9% off a 2.2. I've read that if you score is within 3% they can up it to the next level. Is this right
Where have you read this? Care to link it?
The rules about exam scoring , year progression and final degree classification should be available on the website or from your department. Depending how they work then sometimes modules in 3rd year have a greater weighting than 2nd year and you may be able to miss out a worst performing one. Each uni has their own rules. You need to find and read them or ask your department or go and see a student advisor if they confuse you.

In terms of grades, then the margin is normally .5% rounded, so you could get rounded up on 49.5%. The rules should tell you, but that would be common. The rules will tell you how your grade is worked out.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Aayla)
You could transfer your credits to Open University and do your final year with them and then get another Honours degree. You could try to get a higher degree grade with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads