The Student Room Group

Where to hide pill from mum

My boyfriend and I are becoming more sexually active and I really want to go on the pill because of this, but my mum is always cleaning my room and I haven’t got a good hiding spot. I haven’t got a handbag, and she’s found condoms in my room before in the most obscure hiding spots I could think of. She is very strict in terms of sex and I said they were a joke present from a friend. She bought it, but I can’t use that excuse for the pill. Any good ideas would be appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

theres a reason why shes strict...
Reply 2
If you haven't figured out how to hide stuff from your parents yet, you're not ready to have sex against their wishes.
in your body
How old are you?
School bag?
Original post by username4809058
My boyfriend and I are becoming more sexually active and I really want to go on the pill because of this, but my mum is always cleaning my room and I haven’t got a good hiding spot. I haven’t got a handbag, and she’s found condoms in my room before in the most obscure hiding spots I could think of. She is very strict in terms of sex and I said they were a joke present from a friend. She bought it, but I can’t use that excuse for the pill. Any good ideas would be appreciated!

Its really responsible of you to be thinking about contraception. Despite what your parents may think, its better to be responsible if you are going to have sex.

One of my friends once had a similar issue, and she made a hole in an old book.

Have you thought of a more long term method of contraception that you would not have to hide. The implant or injection?
if your under 18 I wouldnt recommend this but if your over than your allowed to do what you want so have a discussion with your mum about it even if shes strict about it because its your life
Buy a thick book, cut out a portion of most of the middle pages so that you have a compartment big enough to hide them in and keep the book on a shelf, in a drawer etc.
But if you're too young to be having sex then just don't.

I did this in boarding school with banned items and it worked
You could always say it is for irregular periods, contraceptive isnt just used for sex :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
You could always say it is for irregular periods, contraceptive isnt just used for sex :smile:

saying the pill is for your periods is like saying u smoke weed for medical reasons. sounds legit but is more often than not pure horse ****.

not attacking you caves, dont hurt me :colondollar: lol
Original post by Bang Outta Order
saying the pill is for your periods is like saying u smoke weed for medical reasons. sounds legit but is more often than not pure horse ****.

not attacking you caves, dont hurt me :colondollar: lol

It's not horse **** :smile: The combined oral contraceptive is prescribed to those with heavy or irregular periods as you take it for 3 weeks followed by a break which is when you have a light withdrawal bleed. I was prescribed this for that reason until i had to switch to the mini pill due to side effects which has stopped my periods completely pretty much.
Contraceptive is one of the only ways of managing the menstrual symptoms from pcos, it is totally a legitimate reason that OP could say to their parent.
Original post by CoolCavy
It's not horse **** :smile: The combined oral contraceptive is prescribed to those with heavy or irregular periods as you take it for 3 weeks followed by a break which is when you have a light withdrawal bleed. I was prescribed this for that reason until i had to switch to the mini pill due to side effects which has stopped my periods completely pretty much.
Contraceptive is one of the only ways of managing the menstrual symptoms from pcos, it is totally a legitimate reason that OP could say to their parent.

@ it messing with your cycle, yeah that **** is dangerous I hear. My gf wanted to take them and I was like no. So even if it's legitimate for menstrual purposes, it's still dangerous, and i wouldnt suggest taking it so i wouldnt suggest lying she takes it because her parent will still probably rage as it's dangerous but whatever. I say hide it.
@ it messing with your cycle, yeah that **** is dangerous I hear. My gf wanted to take them and I was like no. So even if it's legitimate for menstrual purposes, it's still dangerous, and i wouldnt suggest taking it so i wouldnt suggest lying she takes it because her parent will still probably rage as it's dangerous but whatever. I say hide it.

It really isnt dangerous if it is prescribed by a GP or qualified sexual health worker and your blood pressure and composition is monitored carefully. The combined OC is the one which has the 'dangerous' reputation due to the blood pressure effects but providing you have no family history of heart attacks, clots etc and are within the stipulated weight range it is perfectly fine to be taking. If you are really concerned about the blood pressure aspect then the mini pill is recommended as it has none of those effects. I have been on contraceptive for over 2 and a half years and the way my periods are now is a huge improvement from what they would be if i took nothing. It's an individual's choice whether they take it or not and is up to them to research it thoroughly and for others to not scaremonger.
Anyway this is getting a bit offtopic now :smile: My post was a suggestion to the OP, they are under no obligation to take it of course :smile:
Original post by _princessxox
Buy a thick book, cut out a portion of most of the middle pages so that you have a compartment big enough to hide them in and keep the book on a shelf, in a drawer etc.
But if you're too young to be having sex then just don't.

I did this in boarding school with banned items and it worked

😂 naughty
What could you even fit in a book
Reply 15
If you're under the age of 16 I do discourage having sex,
But aside from being a mother here, if you still want to have sex it's best to do it safely.

If the pill is hard to hide I definitely recommend saying you're going on it for period cramps/to make your cycle regular.
That's originally why I went on it for x

If not consider a more long term contraception like the injection or implant, you only go to the doctors or clinic for the injection every 3 months I think, and the implant gets inserted by a trained nurse and you're good for 3 years :smile: I switched to the implant and my mum never knew till I told her(its in the lower part of the arm)
The copper IUD is also good - you get it put in and then only have to go back 5 years later. Also doesn’t mess with your hormones.
Original post by Elektra06
If you're under the age of 16 I do discourage having sex,
But aside from being a mother here, if you still want to have sex it's best to do it safely.

If the pill is hard to hide I definitely recommend saying you're going on it for period cramps/to make your cycle regular.
That's originally why I went on it for x

If not consider a more long term contraception like the injection or implant, you only go to the doctors or clinic for the injection every 3 months I think, and the implant gets inserted by a trained nurse and you're good for 3 years :smile: I switched to the implant and my mum never knew till I told her(its in the lower part of the arm)

If it was "dangerous", do you think it would be prescribed to millions of women around the world? :rolleyes:
my friend was on the pill for her acne, and it cleared up. Just say that's why you're on it (if you have bad skin obviously)
I wouldn't hide it, I hid three months worth of contraception and I've completely forgotten where I put it - part of me wonders if my mum found it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending