Ggfffvhjjk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone know how i evaluate neuronal and hormonal explanations for aggression? Im stuck and would it be the same way as everything else we evaluate eg “one weakness is that”
uggghhhhhhh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ggfffvhjjk)
Anyone know how i evaluate neuronal and hormonal explanations for aggression? Im stuck and would it be the same way as everything else we evaluate eg “one weakness is that”
Yep, exactly the same as you evaluate anything else. In our school we use the PERC method. Point, evidence, research and critique. Obvously the AO1 part is on neural and hormonal mechanisms. One of the points you can use in your evaluation is;
- Strength of supporting evidence of the role of serotonin makes it both scientific and reliable (Berman et al 2009 found evidence for the effectiveness in decreasing aggression with drugs which increase serotonin). However, the correlational findings risk an oversimplification of mechanisms as there is clearly other factors which influence aggression (reductionist).
Ggfffvhjjk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you soso much
(Original post by uggghhhhhhh)
Yep, exactly the same as you evaluate anything else. In our school we use the PERC method. Point, evidence, research and critique. Obvously the AO1 part is on neural and hormonal mechanisms. One of the points you can use in your evaluation is;
- Strength of supporting evidence of the role of serotonin makes it both scientific and reliable (Berman et al 2009 found evidence for the effectiveness in decreasing aggression with drugs which increase serotonin). However, the correlational findings risk an oversimplification of mechanisms as there is clearly other factors which influence aggression (reductionist).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (27)
14.36%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (56)
29.79%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.89%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.3%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.66%

Watched Threads