The Student Room Group

My penis foreskin can’t retract fully

Whenever I try to retract my foreskin it doesn’t retract fully? Also whenever I touch my penis head it stings like hell is this normal?
Sometimes it doesn’t retract fully. If it becomes a problem, you can get circumcised, but it probably isn’t worth the hassle. As for the stinging, you could have an infection. As long as it doesn’t last more than a week don’t worry about it, there are creams that you can get by prescription from your GP to ease it if it becomes too uncomfortable
It shouldn’t be too much of a problem although circumcision is available for that sort of thing (not worth the hassle unless it causes any other problems). As for the stinging, how long has it been like it for? Could be an infection - either way, I think you’re due a visit to the doctors :/
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever I try to retract my foreskin it doesn’t retract fully? Also whenever I touch my penis head it stings like hell is this normal?

Time for a circumcision?
Reply 4
Sometimes it doesn’t retract fully. If it becomes a problem, you can get circumcised, but it probably isn’t worth the hassle. As for the stinging, you could have an infection. As long as it doesn’t last more than a week don’t worry about it, there are creams that you can get by prescription from your GP to ease it if it becomes too uncomfortable

It’s stung all my life so I’m not sure what it is?
Reply 5
Original post by mgi
Time for a circumcision?

Kinda an awkward conversation to have with my parents...
It’s stung all my life so I’m not sure what it is?

You ought to go to the doctors if it has stung all your life then
Reply 7
It’s stung all my life so I’m not sure what it is??
It shouldn’t be too much of a problem although circumcision is available for that sort of thing (not worth the hassle unless it causes any other problems). As for the stinging, how long has it been like it for? Could be an infection - either way, I think you’re due a visit to the doctors :/
Reply 8
Kinda an awkward conversation to have with my parents...

But otherwise you carry on in pain.
Reply 9
Circumcision just removes the foreskin right? How would that stop my penis head from actually hurting?? Surly it would just make it hurt more as it would be fully open if that makes sense
Original post by mgi
But otherwise you carry on in pain.
Circumcision just removes the foreskin right? How would that stop my penis head from actually hurting?? Surly it would just make it hurt more as it would be fully open if that makes sense

It’s possible that your tight foreskin is causing the pain in some way. Get a professional opinion - there isn’t much anyone other than a qualified doctor can do.
I see your point but it only hurts if I touch it? The foreskin doesn’t hurt it at all
It’s possible that your tight foreskin is causing the pain in some way. Get a professional opinion - there isn’t much anyone other than a qualified doctor can do.
Assuming you have no other symptoms and the only time you have pain is when you touch the exposed part of your penis, I'd suggest that is most likely just its natural sensitivity. If you do have other symptoms or are concerned pop along to the doctors.

To be clear you want to be able to pull back the foreskin over the head (mushroom/bulb) of the penis. It does not retract further.

You do want to be able to retract your foreskin to clean underneath.

A lot of young guys wrongly assume they have too tight a foreskin, having never retracted it in the past and from the intense feeling of the exposed penis. You can practice retracting your foreskin in the shower or the bath. Don't force it just try stretching it a little each day.

If that's not working then I'd pop along to the doctors, who will likely proscribe you some steroid cream and stretches to do. If after this treatment there is no change, one of the options will be surgery the other is to wait and see. It will be your decision.

Some guys with a tight foreskin develop more significant symptoms like a bad smell, itching, infection or pain or difficulty when peeing or getting an erection - these do require some sort of intervention.
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s never smelt or had any other symptoms is there anyway I can stop the natural sensitivity?
Original post by JTfoxlove
Assuming you have no other symptoms and the only time you have pain is when you touch the exposed part of your penis, I'd suggest that is most likely just its natural sensitivity. If you do have other symptoms or are concerned pop along to the doctors.

To be clear you want to be able to pull back the foreskin over the head (mushroom/bulb) of the penis. It does not retract further.

You do want to be able to retract your foreskin to clean underneath.

A lot of young guys wrongly assume they have too tight a foreskin, having never retracted it in the past and from the intense feeling of the exposed penis. You can practice retracting your foreskin in the shower or the bath. Don't force it just try stretching it a little each day.

If that's not working then I'd pop along to the doctors, who will likely proscribe you some steroid cream and stretches to do. If after this treatment there is no change, one of the options will be surgery the other is to wait and see. It will be your decision.

Some guys with a tight foreskin develop more significant symptoms like a bad smell, itching, infection or pain or difficulty when peeing or getting an erection - these do require some sort of intervention.
The natural sensitivity is normal. You'll find that the more you interact with the area the less sensitive it will feel.
there was some kid in my year 11 that had a circumcision due to his foreskin being too tight i believe, its a lot more common than you think and you shouldn't be embarrassed to go to the doctors and explain because its not out of the ordinary for them to have these situations. Its better to sort out the problem now or soon so when you become sexually active or want to, it will be a disaster due to the pain. Having a circumcision would relieve some pain from the tip and it may be sore due to masturbating. if the skin is tight it will rub and create friction causing sore areas and little rashes.

It happens from time to time , its known as male period by the streets. wait until it goes but thats gonna be bare long so get a helmet for the penis head and go at it

Quick Reply

Latest