Motivation and concentration Watch

kamal12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I am doing my A levels exams and I feel so demotivated! I used to be able to revise for hours and really enjoy it, but in this exam season I just feel exhausted and I can't concentrate. When I start revising, I can concentrate for max 15 min, then I start getting distracted and procrastinate. I need ABB and I really messed up an exam. I have got 3 left this week but I can't do it! I just feel giving up. It seems like in the exam I cannot show the work I have done for three years and this demotivates me a lot! I did put a lot of effort these past 2 years but now I just want to give up! Any advice on how to concentrate and revise for this last week?? Thanks
Danielle D
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well first of what is it that you get distracted by?

Do you have ur phone/ laptop or other stuff that distracts u right next to the place where u study?
kamal12
Rep:
?
I sometimes have my laptop when I need to do work on it, sometimes the phone. I do not get distracted by them, I just get distracted from my own thoughts. Often i find myself staring the wall, or the book just thinking about random stuff.
(Original post by Danielle D)
Well first of what is it that you get distracted by?

Do you have ur phone/ laptop or other stuff that distracts u right next to the place where u study?
Danielle D
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven't related to someone this much omg. Literally me!!! Like my thoughts are my distraction..
And I still haven't found the best way to stop myself from thinking about random stuff when im studying... but ig (harsh but I think of it as..) imagine if you don't get the grades u need to enter uni. then aren't u gonna regret everything? all that hard work u put into basically 7 YEARS of secondary school to enter a uni.. whilst all ur friends enter uni and get a great job etc.

in ur random thoughts - try to imagine not being able to enter uni!!
REGRET IS ONE OF THE WORST FEELINGS EVER. TRUST ME.

remember there are many other ppl like u (e.g. me) but we all just have to keep pushing ONLY till the end of ur exams so u can look back and say "u know what I tried my BEST.!"

and we should be privileged to have an education, many kids don't even get a chance to try.

summer's coming up too!!! (((: so endure it for a bit more!!!
sorry if this didn't help xx

(Original post by kamal12)
I sometimes have my laptop when I need to do work on it, sometimes the phone. I do not get distracted by them, I just get distracted from my own thoughts. Often i find myself staring the wall, or the book just thinking about random stuff.
kamal12
Rep:
?
Thank you! you really motivated me
(Original post by Danielle D)
I haven't related to someone this much omg. Literally me!!! Like my thoughts are my distraction..
And I still haven't found the best way to stop myself from thinking about random stuff when im studying... but ig (harsh but I think of it as..) imagine if you don't get the grades u need to enter uni. then aren't u gonna regret everything? all that hard work u put into basically 7 YEARS of secondary school to enter a uni.. whilst all ur friends enter uni and get a great job etc.

in ur random thoughts - try to imagine not being able to enter uni!!
REGRET IS ONE OF THE WORST FEELINGS EVER. TRUST ME.

remember there are many other ppl like u (e.g. me) but we all just have to keep pushing ONLY till the end of ur exams so u can look back and say "u know what I tried my BEST.!"

and we should be privileged to have an education, many kids don't even get a chance to try.

summer's coming up too!!! (((: so endure it for a bit more!!!
sorry if this didn't help xx
Danielle D
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no problem, im glad!! c:
and I wish u all the best (:

xx

(Original post by kamal12)
Thank you! you really motivated me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
19.01%
The paper was reasonable (1101)
46.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
22.02%
It was TERRIBLE (292)
12.36%

Watched Threads