This discussion is closed.
joedon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone here have experience with LNAT tuition?
What happens during each lesson and how do they prepare you for section 1 and the essay? Would you be able to link your tutor if you recommend them? If it's not too inconvenient would you also be able to share your mark?
I'm contemplating on getting one since my marks are not improving but I'm unsure whether or not it's worth paying for and how useful they are.
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joedon)
Does anyone here have experience with LNAT tuition?
What happens during each lesson and how do they prepare you for section 1 and the essay? Would you be able to link your tutor if you recommend them? If it's not too inconvenient would you also be able to share your mark?
I'm contemplating on getting one since my marks are not improving but I'm unsure whether or not it's worth paying for and how useful they are.
so my school offers ZERO help w the LNAT, they didn't even really know what it was so a random friend of a friend told me to have lessons from a tutor for it so I thought why not and had a lesson and it was honestly terrible. The only thing I can say was semi-useful was that we planned like one essay but you can ask for FREE help here w essays/marking. In terms of the MCQ, no one can teach you that, just practise.
powerpuff674
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm attending the Lawyer Portal LNAT workshop in the summer in London - I feel like this will be really useful and better than getting a tutor as there will be examiners there giving their insight on the exams and they give you advice on the technique in answering questions and structuring essays. I would also recommend watching Eve Cornwell's video - a literal queen :blow:- on LNAT preparation on Youtube as this really helped me.
powerpuff674
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Universities really advise not getting a tutor as its total exploitation for an exam that you can't really 'prepare' for. Don't waste your money!
M2001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I attended a tutoring morning & honestly it was a complete waste. Instead I used an LNAT preparation book with multiple choice questions and then a website called Arbitio which had loads of full practice tests and essays, nearer the time I made sure I kept up with the news for essay examples etc. I ended up doing pretty well (compared to national average) so found that personally worked for me.
powerpuff674
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which book did you use? I'm looking on amazon but there are just so many and I don't know which one to get.
(Original post by M2001)
I attended a tutoring morning & honestly it was a complete waste. Instead I used an LNAT preparation book with multiple choice questions and then a website called Arbitio which had loads of full practice tests and essays, nearer the time I made sure I kept up with the news for essay examples etc. I ended up doing pretty well (compared to national average) so found that personally worked for me.
M2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by powerpuff674)
Which book did you use? I'm looking on amazon but there are just so many and I don't know which one to get.
I'm pretty sure it was one of 'The ultimate LNAT guide/questions'? I can't exactly remember if I'm honest, pretty sure I just looked for the one with the best reviews.
IamK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by powerpuff674)
I'm attending the Lawyer Portal LNAT workshop in the summer in London - I feel like this will be really useful and better than getting a tutor as there will be examiners there giving their insight on the exams and they give you advice on the technique in answering questions and structuring essays. I would also recommend watching Eve Cornwell's video - a literal queen :blow:- on LNAT preparation on Youtube as this really helped me.
Hi I was wondering if you went to the session organised by the Lawyer portal and if so would you recommend it also given the price. If not which did you go to and do you think it was worthwhile.
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by IamK)
Hi I was wondering if you went to the session organised by the Lawyer portal and if so would you recommend it also given the price. If not which did you go to and do you think it was worthwhile.
Just get Arbitio. PM for a discount code.
M2001
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by IamK)
I did the Lawyer Portal one, personally wouldn't recommend especially with the cost. I found it pretty vague and more catered towards people who have no idea what the LNAT entails rather than focusing on improving your skills/doing practice. Get one of the books with lots of multiple choice questions and also Arbitio is good.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise