The Student Room Group

english speech

hey so I have to fine a topic to talk about for my English oral exam, any ideas?
Reply 1
i did mine on depression and how society looks at it at present. i managed to get a distinction in it too.
My english teacher told me that examiners prefer "high brow" (serious+sensitive) topics.
If thats not your cup of tea then try talk about something you are passionate about. Examiners like seeing passion in students!
Reply 2
thanks for the help, I was thinking of doing something on like social media and the mental health effect but then I don't want to do it too deep, what do you think?
Original post by JzANonM
i did mine on depression and how society looks at it at present. i managed to get a distinction in it too.
My english teacher told me that examiners prefer "high brow" (serious+sensitive) topics.
If thats not your cup of tea then try talk about something you are passionate about. Examiners like seeing passion in students!
Reply 3
yeah, i get what you mean. The effects of social media on mental health sounds like a good topic to do, go with that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending