A Level Edexcel English Language 2019 exam thread Watch

charlotteeastick
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Although the exams are fully completed for A Level English Language, I couldn't find any threads on how people found the exams so gathered I'd make one.

Let me know how you thought about each exam!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
honeybeth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Variations
History: I thought the history was pretty nice. The time period given was especially generous, as you can apply a loooooot of context to it. I found most of the context originates from the 1500s-1600s. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the year I think it went okay; however, part of me doesn't wanna say that and then do terribly, haha.
Identity: A lot of my classmates found the question was worded quite weirdly as it was about the way the interviewers present the interviewees. I mean, I just considered the paragraphs at the beginning and how they each described the interviewees, as well as the language they used to present the interviewees. Aside from that, I focused mostly on the direct quotes and stuff. I do agree the wording was kinda weird Let's just hope it still went okay!

C.L.A
Two words: six extracts.
In an hour!! I thought it was too little time to write about this many extracts in depth. I only just managed to finish on time... The last extract I wrote about was super rushed though I don't understand why they would give us six extracts! I mean, last year had four and I thought that was quite a lot... When I opened that exam paper, I just kept going and going and going... Aside from the fact there were six extracts, I think it went okay, pretty well. But again, I'm never quite sure how I've done in exams. Optimistic approach, I guess!

INVESTIGATION
I did the 'Language and Power' section to do with school behavioural management. I thought the transcript was okay, although unexpected as I had only practised on things that weren't speaking... But it was fine. I think that went okay... The actual investigation thingy ma bob I found quite difficult to write everything in the time again, sadly. I was unable to finish my evaluation for it, so I don't think this paper went too well. I thought my time management was adequate until it came to the last 15 mins and I was like... oh God, I have tons to write!!!

How did it go for you?
Last edited by honeybeth; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
14.78%
The paper was reasonable (782)
55.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (309)
22.06%
It was TERRIBLE (103)
7.35%

Watched Threads