The Student Room Group

A level resits

I know this will seem like its been asked a million times but I can't find a definitive answer. I have just finished my A Levels don't think they have gone as well as I hoped. Will I still be able to get a training contract at say a top commercial law firm, magic circle etc with resits.

I don't think I have massively under performed, BBB if I were to guess. My offer being ABB (contextual offer).
bump
Original post by ineedthreeAs
I know this will seem like its been asked a million times but I can't find a definitive answer. I have just finished my A Levels don't think they have gone as well as I hoped. Will I still be able to get a training contract at say a top commercial law firm, magic circle etc with resits.

I don't think I have massively under performed, BBB if I were to guess. My offer being ABB (contextual offer).

There a\re more firms than MC.
Law firms mostly look at your degree grade and some of them look at A levels as well.
It is really too far away to assess your future, but you should realise it is competitive and many people do not get TCs, never mind MC.
You must get a good degree, preferably go to a decent uni and work on all other aspects of your application.
If you get BBB then it wont do you any favours, but you will just have to be a top performer in other areas.

If you have finished your A leverls, then take a few weeks off to recover, then start planning for alternatives based on outcome.
Thank you for your reply, very helpful. I know there are other firms than just magic circle firms and how competitive a training contract is, I am ready for the challenge I just wanted to know what the best course of action would be if I were to get BBB and thus not meet the minimum A-Level cut off for most firms.
Original post by 999tigger
There a\re more firms than MC.
Law firms mostly look at your degree grade and some of them look at A levels as well.
It is really too far away to assess your future, but you should realise it is competitive and many people do not get TCs, never mind MC.
You must get a good degree, preferably go to a decent uni and work on all other aspects of your application.
If you get BBB then it wont do you any favours, but you will just have to be a top performer in other areas.

If you have finished your A leverls, then take a few weeks off to recover, then start planning for alternatives based on outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending