i got new glasses and its a pain :( Watch

Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
my eyesight has worsen during my gcse time and now i literally cannot concentrate without a sharp pain at the back of my ear, what do i do???
birdnerd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe they got your prescriptiom wrong?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's normal for new glasses to cause eyestrain/headaches for a short time as your eyes get used to them, but if you don't adjust, it's likely the prescription is incorrect. Take them back and ask them to re-test your eyes.
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
my eyesight has worsen during my gcse time and now i literally cannot concentrate without a sharp pain at the back of my ear, what do i do???
are you complaining about a headache or irritation caused by the arm of the glasses?

if it's the headache, you've probably got the wrong prescription
if it's the irritation, go to any opticians and they'll adjust them for free
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
go back to the opticians, if its the arms they can adjust them for you. It can get more comfortable over a few days if they're just a bit stiff.
warm it up
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are they quite strong?
Sometimes they say wear then for like 1 hour, then 2 hours and build it up

If the ear bit is too tight you can always go back and ask to get it readjusted... or use a hairdryer (not recommended)
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
are you complaining about a headache or irritation caused by the arm of the glasses?

if it's the headache, you've probably got the wrong prescription
if it's the irritation, go to any opticians and they'll adjust them for free
headache sorry for not specifying, i think i got the right prescription but i have alot of astigmatism u g h
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
hairdryer, but thanks! i have -3.25 and -3.75 im blind lol, its always boots opticians!
(Original post by warm it up)
Are they quite strong?
Sometimes they say wear then for like 1 hour, then 2 hours and build it up

If the ear bit is too tight you can always go back and ask to get it readjusted... or use a hairdryer (not recommended)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It would be good to avoid switching between your old pair and new pair since that would make it difficult to get used to your new pair. Other than that maybe just give it some time.
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
thanks dude! its my second day with wearing the glasses and ive had a migraine and part of my head just feels really sensitive, according to the opticians that should be whats happening
(Original post by 95000)
It would be good to avoid switching between your old pair and new pair since that would make it difficult to get used to your new pair. Other than that maybe just give it some time.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go back to your optician.
Glasses don't suppose to give you headaches, if the prescription is right, you won't have headaches. Discomfort is ok, but not headache. If they won't change your prescription and say 'you need to get used to that', go to another optician.

I'm an optometrist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (317)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1134)
54.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.91%
It was TERRIBLE (167)
8.06%

Watched Threads