Help with university please Watch

Faraz034
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi I just did my gcses and I know I'm passing business only and I'll pass maths and English language when i resist and if i get 3 distinctions in my btec a levels will universities be fine with that or do you have to have good gcses and not just good btec a levels and plus the university would not know what my btec a level results would be
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Faraz034)
Hi I just did my gcses and I know I'm passing business only and I'll pass maths and English language when i resist and if i get 3 distinctions in my btec a levels will universities be fine with that or do you have to have good gcses and not just good btec a levels and plus the university would not know what my btec a level results would be
You would help yourself if you used a full stop.
Depends on the university, course and entrance requirements.
You provide no indication, so you will have to check the GCSE requirements yourself.
Some will be fine with English and Maths, but others will not. I suggest getting those out of the way asap i.e the November resit.
Why would the uni not know about your BTEC?
Faraz034
Rep:
?
Because they would not know the results as we have to apply for the space before we get a out results so we can straight away go
(Original post by 999tigger)
You would help yourself if you used a full stop.
Depends on the university, course and entrance requirements.
You provide no indication, so you will have to check the GCSE requirements yourself.
Some will be fine with English and Maths, but others will not. I suggest getting those out of the way asap i.e the November resit.
Why would the uni not know about your BTEC?
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am a bit confused by this. You would normally take GCSE's before starting BTEC level 3. Are you from the UK or abroad. If your from the UK you would normally at least English Language and usually Maths at GCSE and universities often require 5. If you have recently come from abroad universities may not require them. If that is the case check with the university concerned as to what they require.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
Because they would not know the results as we have to apply for the space before we get a out results so we can straight away go
Everything I wrote previously. If it was BTEC then you would know most of your results plus your referee can give you a predicted grade.
Faraz034
Rep:
?
Yes I am from the UK and I'm most likely to on have 3 gcses which are business maths and English language
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I am a bit confused by this. You would normally take GCSE's before starting BTEC level 3. Are you from the UK or abroad. If your from the UK you would normally at least English Language and usually Maths at GCSE and universities often require 5. If you have recently come from abroad universities may not require them. If that is the case check with the university concerned as to what they require.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your going to need to check this with universities concerned. Some insist on more than 3
Yes I am from the UK and I'm most likely to on have 3 gcses which are business maths and English language
Faraz034
Rep:
?
Oh right and also it shouldn't be a huge problem as I can do level 2 in college with is another year and equivalent to gcses and they should be able to accept that
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Your going to need to check this with universities concerned. Some insist on more than 3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (336)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1170)
54.47%
Not feeling great about that exam... (465)
21.65%
It was TERRIBLE (177)
8.24%

Watched Threads