Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone, so my last predictions for Paper 1 and 2 were correct so I'm going to post my predictions for this paper too. This one's a little harder to predict ngl but we'll see how I do. Also, thank you for those who have been sharing my predictions on twitter and I'm glad a lot of you find them helpful. (Also it's funny how many people are talking about these predictions at school without realising that it's me, I mean makes sense because you can't tell who I am by profile picture anymore )

Code: if I write something in bold then I think it will most likely come up.

For Section A: Globalisation

9 marker:
Spoiler:
Show

2017: With reference to the Sources, explain some of the problems of defining globalisation. [9]

2018: With reference to the Source(s), explain how developments in digital communication technology might be described as a ‘digital revolution’.

2019? OCR could throw in a theory based question but I feel like it could either be from topic 2 again or topic 10 so like global village etc from that section or cutural homogenisation and cultural defence. it'll be like define this etc.

10 marker:

Spoiler:
Show

2017: With reference to the Source(s), to what extent have developments in digital forms of communication had a negative impact on identity?

2018: With reference to the Source(s), to what extent have developments in digital forms of communication had a positive effect on non-western societies?

2019? Negative impact on western societies. Postmodern/ Feminism or Marxism or conflict and change

16 marker:

Spoiler:
Show

2017: Evaluate the view that global digital communication has a positive impact on relationships.

2018: Evaluate the view that global advances in digital forms of communication have led to an increase in gender inequality.

2019? Postmodern/ Feminism or Marxism or conflict and change

For Section B: Religion

10 marker

Spoiler:
Show

2017: In what ways does ethnicity influence religion in society?
2018: In what ways does age influence religion in society?
2019? In what ways does gender influence religion in society? (LOL IF IT ISN'T THIS THEN I'M A MUG)

20 marker:

Spoiler:
Show

2017: To what extent does data on religious practice suggest that secularisation is occurring?
2018: To what extent does religion have a positive role in meeting society’s needs?
2019? social policy, religion in global context or measuring religion and faith

40 marker:

Spoiler:
Show

2017: Assess Weberian views of the relationship between religion and social and economic change. (disgusting, Weber isn't coming up again or I'm dying)
2018: Assess sociological explanations of the relationship between gender and religion, belief and faith.
2019? It's gonna be Marxism like I feel Marxism will come up at least once in the entire paper so I feel like it will be this one because that would be soliddd.

Extra Resources:

https://www.sociologystuff.com/ocr-a...logy-resources look at his predictions for the paper on 12th June. Quite interesting. I didn't get my predictions from him but he explains things in further detail.
Last edited by Mrs.Grey; 3 months ago
natbrown1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do you have predictions for crime and deviance?
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
no, bc I don't do it
(Original post by natbrown1)
do you have predictions for crime and deviance?
nousernamelol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi does anyone remember what came up for paper 2 and paper 3 for the 2019 paper?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.53%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.31%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.11%

Watched Threads