how to whiten my skin? Watch

frne5
Badges: 10
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
hi guyss,

im iranian and itailian but my skin is fairly light. i have weird dark patches around my bum, neck and forehead and its so frustrating. i think its sun damage but i think its hyper pigmentation. i dislike it because my skin is even and i have dark patches

skin tips? anyone had laser hyperpigmentation removal? x
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Don't worry about it. I'm sure you look great!
frne5
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Don't worry about it. I'm sure you look great!
wtf
what do you mean i look great? i have dark patches that are 5 shades darker than my skin tone?????
frne5
any products?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by frne5)
wtf
what do you mean i look great? i have dark patches that are 5 shades darker than my skin tone?????
To be fair I haven't seen them, but I can only imagine they make you look different and unique. It's not a disfigurement, it's an adornment.
speedwagon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Are you sure it's not vitiligo? Because vitiligo looks amazing
frne5
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
To be fair I haven't seen them, but I can only imagine they make you look different and unique. It's not a disfigurement, it's an adornment.
LOOOL you think so positively but seriously i hate these patches they make my skin look weird which is why im looking to get rid of them
frne5
(Original post by speedwagon)
Are you sure it's not vitiligo? Because vitiligo looks amazing
no its not that its like hyper pigmentation
speedwagon
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you have hyperpigmentation you get laser treatment. It may be dead skin so for that I would try chemical exfoliants.
(Original post by frne5)
no its not that its like hyper pigmentation
frne5
If you have hyperpigmentation you get laser treatment. It may be dead skin so for that I would try chemical exfoliants.
i exfoliate a lot tried so much stuff but doesn't move
Qadeer1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Get it checked out, could be vitiligo.
frne5
(Original post by Qadeer1)
Get it checked out, could be vitiligo.
its not as severe thankfully its more like hyperpigmentation if that makes sense
speedwagon
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Then you have to get laser treatment if it's hyperpigmentation (which I have). Otherwise, it's probably vitiligo. Not all vitiligo looks the same btw and you can develop it late in your life.
(Original post by frne5)
i exfoliate a lot tried so much stuff but doesn't move
frne5
Then you have to get laser treatment if it's hyperpigmentation (which I have). Otherwise, it's probably vitiligo. Not all vitiligo looks the same btw and you can develop it late in your life.
have you had laser before?
how do you get rid of your hyperpigmentation personally?
speedwagon
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It faded over time when I used a gentle skincare regimen. If you're too intensive and do too much exfoliation the hyperpigmentation can darken.
(Original post by frne5)
have you had laser before?
how do you get rid of your hyperpigmentation personally?
frne5
It faded over time when I used a gentle skincare regimen. If you're too intensive and do too much exfoliation the hyperpigmentation can darken.
what products were in this skincare regimen?
Herbie-gem01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by frne5)
hi guyss,

im iranian and itailian but my skin is fairly light. i have weird dark patches around my bum, neck and forehead and its so frustrating. i think its sun damage but i think its hyper pigmentation. i dislike it because my skin is even and i have dark patches

skin tips? anyone had laser hyperpigmentation removal? x
I know lemon juice works to lighten scars. I’ve not tried it on skin but I see no reason why it wouldn’t have the same effect.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
speedwagon
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and CeraVe cream. Only 2 products and with no irritating ingredients. No fragrances, no malessezia aggrevation, no acne aggrevation, no harmful chemicals. I'm going to assume your young and for young people skin is very effective at healing itself but only if you're gentle. Then skin cells can turn themselves over.
(Original post by frne5)
what products were in this skincare regimen?
speedwagon
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Lemon does have natural bleaching qualities but shouldn't be used in skincare. It's too acidic. Lemon juice can change the natural pH of your acid mantle, potentially causing skin irritation, hyperpigmentation and sensitivity to the sun.
(Original post by Herbie-gem01)
I know lemon juice works to lighten scars. I’ve not tried it on skin but I see no reason why it wouldn’t have the same effect.
frne5
Lemon does have natural bleaching qualities but shouldn't be used in skincare. It's too acidic. Lemon juice can change the natural pH of your acid mantle, potentially causing skin irritation, hyperpigmentation and sensitivity to the sun.
ive tried lemon juice its not effective i need something stronger
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (484)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.61%

Watched Threads