?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Suggest how plate movements cause tectonic hazards in Iceland’s
Alina2019
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Idek about Iceland but destructive = ⏩🔽 plates subduction = slab pull ridge push old crust subducts new crust and friction builds this causes earthquake bcoz of the immense of the epi centre
Constructive = two crusts coming up together and hen they meet and cause magma to rise build and then blow ⬆️⬆️ 🌋
Collisional= two parrallel plates crash 🔜
🔜. Causes earthquake
There is more but yh
newmanb14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Iceland lies on the mid Atlantic ridge, where the two plates are moving apart. To fill this gap magma rises to the surface to fill the gap. The magma being close to the surface meant it is able to burst through in places as volcanoes (mainly shield in Iceland) causing damage due lo lave flows and ash clouds which lead to stunted plant growth due to the lack of sunlight available for photosynthesis. The plate movement not smooth, meaning the plates jolt away from each other which causes earthquakes which destabilise buildings leading to collapse and a risk of life.
Cookies 555
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alina2019)
Idek about Iceland but destructive = ⏩🔽 plates subduction = slab pull ridge push old crust subducts new crust and friction builds this causes earthquake bcoz of the immense of the epi centre
Constructive = two crusts coming up together and hen they meet and cause magma to rise build and then blow ⬆️⬆️ 🌋
Collisional= two parrallel plates crash 🔜
🔜. Causes earthquake
There is more but yh
Thank you x
Cookies 555
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Thank you x
(Original post by newmanb14)
Iceland lies on the mid Atlantic ridge, where the two plates are moving apart. To fill this gap magma rises to the surface to fill the gap. The magma being close to the surface meant it is able to burst through in places as volcanoes (mainly shield in Iceland) causing damage due lo lave flows and ash clouds which lead to stunted plant growth due to the lack of sunlight available for photosynthesis. The plate movement not smooth, meaning the plates jolt away from each other which causes earthquakes which destabilise buildings leading to collapse and a risk of life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads