The Student Room Group

Gap Year reference and predicted grades??

Hi, if I decide to take a gap year and retake one or two of my subject during the gap year externally, how would I obtain my reference and predicted grades?
Would I need to go back to my old school and get a reference from my previous reference provider, who I don't really like cus she doesn't think I'm that smart?
It’s up to you to decide who you want to provide your academic reference and to organise that.
Original post by KA2018
Hi, if I decide to take a gap year and retake one or two of my subject during the gap year externally, how would I obtain my reference and predicted grades?
Would I need to go back to my old school and get a reference from my previous reference provider, who I don't really like cus she doesn't think I'm that smart?

In this situation it is usual to ask your old school for a reference yes - there is normally one named person who is responsible for writing references but if you have a better relationship with a different teacher, you could ask them. However, bear in mind that you will already have this year's A level grades to put down on the form this time, so the uni will be able to see how you performed regardless of what the referee says.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending