University Choices Watch

rhiannacohen16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi Guys, I'm in my first year of A-Levels studying Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy. I'm looking to studying Psychology at universities and I have been to open days at Bath Spa and Gloucestershire. I love those two uni's and know I want to apply to them. However, I don't know what other uni's to apply to. Any suggestions? Falmouth Uni has been suggested to me so I am going to look into that but that's still only 3 universities. Thank you.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What are your likely grades
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends largely on your grades. Looking in the South West you could try Plymouth and UWE. In South Wales you could look at University of South Wales or UWTSD. If you could get the grades try Swansea or Exeter. Falmouth is small and very remote so take that into account.
rhiannacohen16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My grades are mainly B's and C's.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Given your grades I wouldnt bother with Exeter as I suspect you will get rejected. Swansea is risky but then having 1 aspirational choice is perhaps good. Their entry requirements show AAB - ABB but are likely to make these offers to someone with BBB or possibly BBC. Someone I know applied to Bath Spa and got made an unconditional. They subsequently had a phone call from Swansea making the same offer. Psychology has the same entry requirement as sociology so I think it might be worth a risk. It is a lovely campus surrounded by a huge park with trees and a boating lake. Directly opposite is the beach. Swansea has an open day Saturday if you are interested. I dont know UWE or Plymouth but gather Plymouth is a nice campus close to the seaside. UWE I gather is out of Bristol close to the M4 and Bristol Parkway railway station. I think you could obviously look at Gloucester and Bath spa which you like Swansea, Plymouth and Falmouth if they offer Psychology and you are happy to be some distance away from most places. They have 2 campuses. One near the beach and town and the other the Tremough Campus which they share with Exeter in Penryn. This is a lovely very green campus on a hill above Penryn about 4 miles from Falmouth with an excellent bus service. If you decide against Falmouth look at UWE, USW or UWTSD in Swansea
(Original post by rhiannacohen16)
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rhiannacohen16)
Hi Rhianna,

As swanseajack1 has kindly given us the shoutout, I'll jump in on this one. With the grades you feel you're working towards, if you also have a grade C or above GCSE in Mathematics we would definitely welcome an application from you here at Swansea! You're currently looking at getting grades below our entry requirements. However, we reconsider all of our offer holders as clearing applicants automatically if they don't meet the entry requirements, and I think with the level you're talking about you'd definitely have a possibility of taking up a place.

Let me know if you'd like any information about us!

Jamie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.27%
The paper was reasonable (1133)
54.76%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.94%
It was TERRIBLE (166)
8.02%

Watched Threads