will you miss secondary school? Watch

lunardays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im curious lol. i think I'll just miss a few people, other than that I'm ready to leave for real
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
well i already left it and

no

sixth form college though, yeah, i miss my friends
Subhaan1231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ye same will only miss people not teachers or the school
(Original post by lunardays)
im curious lol. i think I'll just miss a few people, other than that I'm ready to leave for real
Ggfffvhjjk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As someone who left secondary a few years ago, no i only miss the memories
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I miss it, a lot. When you grow up your body and mind changes, it’s nicer when you’re younger. You still have innocence and find a way to enjoy every moment… i loved secondary school and sixth form. University hasn’t been great so far but it’s decent
Maximus 190
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
About to leave secondary school. Can’t wait to leave. I will miss some of the teachers, they have been really great. I hope there are less douches in sixth form, although I probably add to the douche list.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 3121)
I miss it, a lot. When you grow up your body and mind changes, it’s nicer when you’re younger. You still have innocence and find a way to enjoy every moment… i loved secondary school and sixth form. University hasn’t been great so far but it’s decent
You’re still young if you’re in university. I’m not looking forward to university to be honest. I hate parties, I dislike most people, I don’t think I will be able to find the effort to work hard enough.
However, university does has its up sides for me. I (like most teenagers) want to get away from my parents. I also really enjoy solitude so it will be nice to have more alone time.
shehnaaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Will not miss
shehnaaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do make a poll
MinaBee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I left 3 years ago and although I get nostalgic sometimes, I don't really miss it that much. You move on to bigger and better things (cringe but true) :yes:
Celestxcelest22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No way. I'm leaving on Thursday (last a level exam) and am so glad. I think it was the environment for me though, (All girls selective) and the memories as a whole have been mixed more towards the bad side. I think I would have missed it more if I left in year 11 when things were looking up. Sixth form was horrific. Maybe i never grew up and they did. Friends had new friends, boyfriends every day at sixth form. I was still the same introverted girl who studies in the corner.

Hoping I can change that around by uni, I think going to the same place doesn't really help you turn over a new leaf. Fed up with how I isolated myself at secondary school and how that environment encouraged me to do so. Onwards and upwards with uni hopefully
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maximus 190)
You’re still young if you’re in university. I’m not looking forward to university to be honest. I hate parties, I dislike most people, I don’t think I will be able to find the effort to work hard enough.
However, university does has its up sides for me. I (like most teenagers) want to get away from my parents. I also really enjoy solitude so it will be nice to have more alone time.
Yeah but you’re much more mature and concious, it’s a hard thing to explain but your state of mind and being just changes around 18-20 but you’re right it’s still young it’s just now to switch off and have fun you’re gonna need a few drinks.

Yeah I loved those things about uni, once I made some friends it was nice we could party without drinking much and just have fun with each others company. The parties seem to get better in 2nd year, you have banter with people, you have friends and things to talk about, it’s not just getting drunk and being silly. I don’t like clubbing though, it’s boring after 30 minutes
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 3121)
Yeah but you’re much more mature and concious, it’s a hard thing to explain but your state of mind and being just changes around 18-20 but you’re right it’s still young it’s just now to switch off and have fun you’re gonna need a few drinks.

Yeah I loved those things about uni, once I made some friends it was nice we could party without drinking much and just have fun with each others company. The parties seem to get better in 2nd year, you have banter with people, you have friends and things to talk about, it’s not just getting drunk and being silly. I don’t like clubbing though, it’s boring after 30 minutes
Yeah, that sounds nice if the people are similar to me. The problem is I can’t find anyone similar to me; there’s the popular kids who are just *******s and don’t seem to have any sort of real friendships, there’s the kids who are super immature, the nerds who just focus on intelligence and competition. I just want to talk to someone who isn’t a moron and can have a deep conversation. There is 1 guy in my school who is similar to me; and he is super humble yet intelligent and it’s nice to talk to him but at the same time I don’t feel like we have a strong friendship/emotional connection.

Maybe if I get kind of drunk I can open up more and make some better friends. Like you said, I never really have fun. I have some funny jokes with some friends but it’s never fun, I’ve never really been elated. I guess what I’m looking for is the cliche ‘soul mate’.
Moe_00
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Left 2 years ago. Mainly miss year 8-10 when I wasn't doing much studying and was just hanging out and having fun. Especially unimportant subjects that I knew I wouldn't do at GCSE (Drama, art, music, Spanish etc.)
Only noticed after how nice it was to just be care free. Still though now I feel like I'm progressing and doing something which is arguably more satisfying.
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I didn't miss primary or secondary school, college, uni or any of the jobs I've left. Maybe I'm a bit cold like that but meh. Never really enjoyed them enough to warrant feeling sad. And any friendships I intended on maintaining would continue outside of school etc.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
16 years ago, don't look back on it with particular fondness, don't look back on most of the people with any fondness.
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
From a guy in y12.. U WILL MISS IT... It seems like college is so fun and you can go anywhere.. But you have a lot of work to do in your free time instead of roaming around with mates... High school was way better
Amnz_02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
yeh I will miss my friends and the memories I had cant believe 5 years went so fast xx
MydaMina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Trust me, I said I'll only miss my friends and the memories I had with them, turned out I miss everything about my high school and it went too fast. x
CSi7384
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yeah probably
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (285)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1039)
55.41%
Not feeling great about that exam... (407)
21.71%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.68%

Watched Threads