The Student Room Group

Muslims -please help

I am 16 years old(almost 17) and I started praying when I was 15, however in the summer of 2018(when I turned 16) I stopped praying.
I really want to start praying again and I don’t how. I don’t have a motivation to do it nor I want to do it.
My mother has been trying to get me to pray again but she is not forcing me, which kinda makes me relaxed to not do it.
I also don’t read the quaran like I used to a few years ago. I can even say I forgot how to read Arabic properly.
Basically my iman is at its lowest point right now.
Perhaps this may help
https://youtu.be/QA-z_Czch-k
You cannot ever forget how to read the Quran,by listening to recitations daily you will begin to understand the meaning behind the messages which will help with your motivation. This video for example: https://youtu.be/Q0uHcj_OCGI
All that matters is that you pray to Allah for help and all will be well
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I started praying at 9 and stopped at 11.
I came back 6 years later at 17 (now 18.)
You are not garunteed the next day or your next breath so make sure you to sort your self while you have the chance!
Once you get back in to the habit- you’ll have that same love you did back when you were younger, I promise :h:
Original post by katherine340
I am 16 years old(almost 17) and I started praying when I was 15, however in the summer of 2018(when I turned 16) I stopped praying.
I really want to start praying again and I don’t how. I don’t have a motivation to do it nor I want to do it.
My mother has been trying to get me to pray again but she is not forcing me, which kinda makes me relaxed to not do it.
I also don’t read the quaran like I used to a few years ago. I can even say I forgot how to read Arabic properly.
Reply 3
I read namaz every now and then but I do read jummah namaz defo, u jus gotta get up n do it tbh💯💯

You said you want to start praying again, but then you said you don't wanna start again?

Inshallah if you pray regularly for a couple of weeks it will become a habit. Your iman isnt constant, it fluctuates up and down. But prayer is a priority; hold on to your salah.

Is there something causing your iman to be low rn?
Original post by HasanQ585
You said you want to start praying again, but then you said you don't wanna start again?

Inshallah if you pray regularly for a couple of weeks it will become a habit. Your iman isnt constant, it fluctuates up and down. But prayer is a priority; hold on to your salah.

Is there something causing your iman to be low rn?

No, but my schedule is quite busy as I go to school and I take very heavy subjects and I also work, therefore sometimes I have to pray a few salah at once which I don’t want to do.
No, but my schedule is quite busy as I go to school and I take very heavy subjects and I also work, therefore sometimes I have to pray a few salah at once which I don’t want to do.

Salah doesn't take long, even if you can't get all the sunnah prayers in just spare a couple minutes for the fardh prayers. Even though work and school is important just take some time out for salah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending