Mascara Watch

Iliana514
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Whenever i put mascara and a tiny bit of eyeliner, just a line and without a wing, i look really cute. But once i take everything off and I'm makeup free i look sooo bad. Like literally my eyes (my one eye actually cause they're different from each other) are so ugly, and i don't get it, why so different? I can't go out without putting mascara cause then I'll have my head down all the time, that's how bad i look. Like always when i see people wearing makeup they look similar when they take it off.
Narr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sure you look fine without, you just need more self confidence. people do look different with or without makeup, that's the point of wearing it. it enhances your look. mascara and eyeliner make your eyes look bigger and more defined. your going to see the difference more in your self than others as you know your face better than you know other peoples and you've had your whole life to look at it. learn to love yourself, and if you can't love your eyes find something else to focus on. you've got to think, well, I don't like my eyes, but what does that matter, I love my... I'm sure you will find someone who will love the way you look, and I hope you learn to love yourself as well.
Iliana514
Rep:
?
I don't look fine at all. And yes i know makeup is supposed to make you look different, but i look way too much different and uglier. Loving myself is something that will probably never happen, so i guess visiting a plastic surgeon will do.
(Original post by Narr)
I'm sure you look fine without, you just need more self confidence. people do look different with or without makeup, that's the point of wearing it. it enhances your look. mascara and eyeliner make your eyes look bigger and more defined. your going to see the difference more in your self than others as you know your face better than you know other peoples and you've had your whole life to look at it. learn to love yourself, and if you can't love your eyes find something else to focus on. you've got to think, well, I don't like my eyes, but what does that matter, I love my... I'm sure you will find someone who will love the way you look, and I hope you learn to love yourself as well.
Narr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you shouldn't have to resort to that. it makes me sad that someone should feel that way about themselves. so what if you don't fit the stereotype for ideal beauty, but that shouldn't matter. I used to have low confidence about my looks as well, but lately that has grown. I hope the same will happen for you aswell
(Original post by Iliana514)
I don't look fine at all. And yes i know makeup is supposed to make you look different, but i look way too much different and uglier. Loving myself is something that will probably never happen, so i guess visiting a plastic surgeon will do.
username4813690
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
plastic surgery isn't just a quick fix, the root of the problem will still be there as it's more of a self-perception issue than a physical one. you just need to work on your self-confidence, which is easier said than done but you can do it. just please don't resort to plastic surgery, it's not worth it

:fleurdelis:
bad bunny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i'm sure you don't look as bad as you think but maybe consider eyelash extensions?
Iliana514
Rep:
?
I've thought of it but i just want to have surgery cause that way i will look the way i like without having anything fake on
(Original post by bad bunny)
i'm sure you don't look as bad as you think but maybe consider eyelash extensions?
Iliana514
Rep:
?
I wish it was just that, but it's not. I'm actually really ugly. Before I started wearing mascara people at school would always make fun of me and id always notice them, one kid looked at me with disgust. I'm just super ugly and i know it, that's it😔
(Original post by slothi)
plastic surgery isn't just a quick fix, the root of the problem will still be there as it's more of a self-perception issue than a physical one. you just need to work on your self-confidence, which is easier said than done but you can do it. just please don't resort to plastic surgery, it's not worth it

:fleurdelis:
username4813690
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i really do understand how you're feeling. tbh i really struggle with kinda the same thing (i always feel like i don't look feminine at all), but beauty is subjective and that's just something that you have to accept because beating yourself up about something you were born with isn't good for anyone. again, it's easier said than done but i think you need to spend your time and energy on working to accept yourself instead of criticising yourself for something you can't help.

looks shouldn't be and aren't everything, and the people who used to make fun of you are stupid for thinking that.
I wish it was just that, but it's not. I'm actually really ugly. Before I started wearing mascara people at school would always make fun of me and id always notice them, one kid looked at me with disgust. I'm just super ugly and i know it, that's it😔
Greywolftwo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Whenever i put mascara and a tiny bit of eyeliner, just a line and without a wing, i look really cute. But once i take everything off and I'm makeup free i look sooo bad. Like literally my eyes (my one eye actually cause they're different from each other) are so ugly, and i don't get it, why so different? I can't go out without putting mascara cause then I'll have my head down all the time, that's how bad i look. Like always when i see people wearing makeup they look similar when they take it off.
Confidence is the greatest and most appealing quality to anyone, it looks better than make up
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Iliana514
Rep:
?
I really do try to accept myself, but i end up staying in the bathroom for 20 mins, multiple times a day, looking at myself in the mirror, trying to make the fact that I'm so ugly sink in, and that everyone is so lucky to be average or pretty and i, that have done nothing different than them to have that luck, am ugly asf. It's frustrating you know?
i really do understand how you're feeling. tbh i really struggle with kinda the same thing (i always feel like i don't look feminine at all), but beauty is subjective and that's just something that you have to accept because beating yourself up about something you were born with isn't good for anyone. again, it's easier said than done but i think you need to spend your time and energy on working to accept yourself instead of criticising yourself for something you can't help.

looks shouldn't be and aren't everything, and the people who used to make fun of you are stupid for thinking that.
username4813690
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
believe me i get it. it's a horrible thing to have to cope with. just try to limit the amounts of visits to the bathroom mirror or the amount of time you spend looking at yourself, it's clearly not healthy or helping. it's a terrible mindset to have to be in and i'm so sorry. i'm not much help with these things myself, but i'll link you to some stuff that could help.

https://www.talkspace.com/blog/5-way...mental-health/
https://www.yourtango.com/2012151563...-esteem-expert

I really do try to accept myself, but i end up staying in the bathroom for 20 mins, multiple times a day, looking at myself in the mirror, trying to make the fact that I'm so ugly sink in, and that everyone is so lucky to be average or pretty and i, that have done nothing different than them to have that luck, am ugly asf. It's frustrating you know?
yeah
Iliana514
Rep:
?
I know it's a bad thing to do, but i constantly feel the need to go check myself in the mirror. And for some reason i always try to make myself believe in a way that i can't be that ugly, and delete the awful image i saw in the mirror before. So i keep wanting to go back to check if i look that bad, and i always do... But anyways, I've said way too much and most probably annoyed you. Thank you so much for all your replies and the links you sent me! I just finished reading them both, and already found sth that i will try in like an hour before i go to bed! You're so polite, and again thank you so much! And btw, I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes that i may have done, but I'm from Greece so I'm not that fluent!
believe me i get it. it's a horrible thing to have to cope with. just try to limit the amounts of visits to the bathroom mirror or the amount of time you spend looking at yourself, it's clearly not healthy or helping. it's a terrible mindset to have to be in and i'm so sorry. i'm not much help with these things myself, but i'll link you to some stuff that could help.

https://www.talkspace.com/blog/5-way...mental-health/
https://www.yourtango.com/2012151563...-esteem-expert

yeah
username4813690
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you're not annoying don't worry! & please don't apologise, your grammar is perfect and i didn't notice any mistakes.
i'm glad i could help at least a bit, good luck in future. you can always message me on here if you need anyone to talk to :cute:
I know it's a bad thing to do, but i constantly feel the need to go check myself in the mirror. And for some reason i always try to make myself believe in a way that i can't be that ugly, and delete the awful image i saw in the mirror before. So i keep wanting to go back to check if i look that bad, and i always do... But anyways, I've said way too much and most probably annoyed you. Thank you so much for all your replies and the links you sent me! I just finished reading them both, and already found sth that i will try in like an hour before i go to bed! You're so polite, and again thank you so much! And btw, I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes that i may have done, but I'm from Greece so I'm not that fluent!
bad bunny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've thought of it but i just want to have surgery cause that way i will look the way i like without having anything fake on
but with surgery you still have something fake on, something faker than simple eyelash extensions which you can get natural hairs for too.
Hugh.Jazz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its about personality
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think surgery is a bit drastic. Have you considered eyelash extensions or a lash lift?
beep4music
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is tricky, I completely get it, I'm going through a similar thing myself where I think i look completely unattractive, but honestly even if I did, worrying about it more is such a bad thing to do. Regardless of how you look, how you act is going to be much more prevalent, and the way you see yourself is going to change how you act. There's a great Youtube video of a girl, I can't remember her name but I'll link the video afterwards, basically talks about confidence and how you can be confident without feeling 'sexy' or 'beautiful'. I can't remember the whole quote but honestly that video is so good because she is very plain about it. You may be horrendous looking, you may be normal looking, you may be really quite beautiful. None of us can really know what we look like, because a person can look completely different in another person's eyes, it's all about perception. I know the saying 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' is so cliche, but it's cliche for a reason. It's true.
It will be tricky to get over the hump of not liking how you look, honestly I do get it, but focus more on making yourself feel better mentally, and fill your time with things like hobbies, this will mean that you're not thinking about it so much. AND basically everyone looks amazing when they're smiling, so do things that make you happy!! I hope this helps, I'll link the video down below. x
beep4music
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJw...hyqGuR-KN09NuD

here it is /\
(Original post by beep4music)
It is tricky, I completely get it, I'm going through a similar thing myself where I think i look completely unattractive, but honestly even if I did, worrying about it more is such a bad thing to do. Regardless of how you look, how you act is going to be much more prevalent, and the way you see yourself is going to change how you act. There's a great Youtube video of a girl, I can't remember her name but I'll link the video afterwards, basically talks about confidence and how you can be confident without feeling 'sexy' or 'beautiful'. I can't remember the whole quote but honestly that video is so good because she is very plain about it. You may be horrendous looking, you may be normal looking, you may be really quite beautiful. None of us can really know what we look like, because a person can look completely different in another person's eyes, it's all about perception. I know the saying 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' is so cliche, but it's cliche for a reason. It's true.
It will be tricky to get over the hump of not liking how you look, honestly I do get it, but focus more on making yourself feel better mentally, and fill your time with things like hobbies, this will mean that you're not thinking about it so much. AND basically everyone looks amazing when they're smiling, so do things that make you happy!! I hope this helps, I'll link the video down below. x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads